What's new

Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Brooch)

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
2,078
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Made it out for a few hours to a friends 1916 house. It was still very dry but it started raining so I had to cut the hunt short. I found a neat old brooch of some kind also, but I have it tumbling for a little bit...Seems to be copper. The property has a lot of deep iron, so I went very slow and navigated through the trash and found a few coins. Here are my finds for today...

1939 Quarter
1940-S, 1944-S, 1948-S wheaties
1941, 1959 Nickels
3 Clad Memorials, 3 clad dimes.

2006_0512Image0019.jpg


2006_0512Image0002.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver!

Looks like my decent finds from today. One silver quarter and some wheats. I found a crap load of clad, too.

Good work, hit it again tomorrow. There has to be more silver there.
HH
Ken
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver!

Nice haul of old coins Storm, congrats on the goodies!
Good luck and keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver!

silver means a good day!!!!!!!!
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver!

Storm,
Congrats to you on the silver. I'm dying to find a silver coin again. I'm having a silver drought lately. :'(
At least I can sit and stare at the coins you sent me this week. ;D
Way to go,
MM
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver!

I thought I was going to get skunked from this house...But my first coin dug in the back yard was the Quarter! After spending 3 hours in the front and only having Wheaties....I was like, Thats what I'm talking about! LOL ;D
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver!

Stormtrooper154 said:
I thought I was going to get skunked from this house...But my first coin dug in the back yard was the Quarter! After spending 3 hours in the front and only having Wheaties....I was like, Thats what I'm talking about! LOL ;D

I know you really want to find some silver coins so I am sure you were pumped up when you found it! Fantastic... glad to see you hit something you wanted! :)
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Broach)

Nice antique Art Nouveau brooch. Congrats.
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Broach)

not bad--I'd be happy but I 'm easy to please
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Broach)

Storm - Nice finds. Silver is always awesome to see when you're digging. That brooch is pretty interesting as well.

HH
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Broach)

I like that brooch, and you brought home silver. That's a pretty good day in my book. Way to go!
 
Silver quarters are great finds these days!!!

Storm don't sell that silver quarter short, a silver quarter or half dollar is a pretty good dig these days, nice! You still using your mom's coil or did you put a real coil on? :D (running and ducking)

Charles
 
Re: Silver quarters are great finds these days!!!

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Storm don't sell that silver quarter short, a silver quarter or half dollar is a pretty good dig these days, nice! You still using your mom's coil or did you put a real coil on? :D (running and ducking)

Charles

Oh no Charles!!! I am happy with the silver, dont get me wrong. I am thrilled to death to get another silver quarter...my 2nd since I started detecting 8-9 months ago! Both this month ;D

As for my mommas coil (giving you a head start), Yes..I am still using it. I sent my slimline into Sandy last week to exchange for a EX2 coil. I like the 10x14"...Covers lots of ground but I sure could have used the stock one today!
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Broach)

finderzzs said:
Nice antique Art Nouveau brooch. Congrats.

I have no way of dating the Brooch...Any ideas? I am not much of a brooch kinda guy LOL. ;D
 
Nice finds! That 1939 quarter is tight! And the brooch is very cool too! VERY NICE!!!
 

Storm, brooch takes the cake and silver always makes for a nice day.
HH

Desertfox
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Brooc

Nice hunt, I like the brooch! HH, Mike
 
Re: Nothing to write home about, but I did find some silver! (Updated with Brooc

nice digs ,like the brooch.......silver is always a nice day.
 
silver is pretty hard to come by here where i live but it always puts a smile on my face when i do get one ;D and the wheatys seem far and few between also , that broach is pretty neat to , congrats ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom