What's new

noticed 87S proof while dumping.. edge searching missed her eom

grampa

Full Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
noticed 87S proof while dumping.. edge searching missed her eom
 
Upvote 0
Nice catch!

That's why I check the dates. I don't want to miss the errors or proofs.
 
Glad you caught yours!

I edge checked 1000 dollars worth of halves and was dumping at a coin machine at my bank, and
missed a Commemorative half. Not sure what it was but it definitely wasn't a Kennedy :(

I was hoping it would drop into the reject tray but never did :( I was bummed.

couldn't buy the bag because it wasn't full yet and I was at a branch I rarely go to :(

It sucked!

etfonehome
 
I find all my proofs by edge checking. They are distinctively fatter and shinier.
 
etfonehome4 said:
Glad you caught yours!

I edge checked 1000 dollars worth of halves and was dumping at a coin machine at my bank, and
missed a Commemorative half. Not sure what it was but it definitely wasn't a Kennedy :(

I was hoping it would drop into the reject tray but never did :( I was bummed.

couldn't buy the bag because it wasn't full yet and I was at a branch I rarely go to :(

It sucked!

etfonehome

It was likely a modern commemorative half; as the counter didn't reject it. Probably the '86 "immigration half".

Just make sure you buy the bag when it is full. If the bank isn't close by, call them, give them your number and ask if they would call you when it is full.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom