Notka makro simplex firmware updates, April 2020

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a owner of the machine for 3 months or so I wanted to give my opinion thus far. Well first not saying I wasn’t interested in the minelab equinox 800 or xp deus but my budget didn’t allow it. So knowing this 250.00 machine would give me above entry level performance was nice, I also kept in mind that possible updates would be available at some time, not knowing when because some don’t keep promises but they did. The improvements have been noticed, I’m not going to lie and say it’s good as one of the machine above, but you can’t go wrong with buying one to put in your arsenal absolutely not, I’d recommend it. So folks go detecting if you can where I’m from nobody bothers me like before. Don’t rush yourself remember without your health you have nothing, any opinion would be appreciated, thanks

Hello Jollroger1,

I purchased a Simplex v.2.68 then updated to v 2.76 (v 2.77 is now out). I have put 80+ hours on the machine and know it very well. I have brought it to schools, parks and old homes and farm fields. First, the new update is a great improvement in operator choices. Before using the machine in the field, I extensively tested the machine in all modes, sensitivities and options in my test bed. The machine finds coins (quarters, dimes, nickles and cents) fairly easy to 7 inches, then up to 9 inches. At the 10 inch mark it did struggle, but if you hit it right you might dig. The machine was test in Massachusetts with high soil mineral content, so your area may be different.

I bought the machine for a "throw in car detector" used if I found someplace to hunt while driving about. I will say it performs very close to the ATPro with similar sized coils. My thoughts, have been expressed to the company about two improvements that would make this machine a real winner. (1) Have the pin pointer button be press ON/ press OFF, no hold function (similar to Minelab. (2) Add the ability to select your tones (or tone breaks if they are kind). My thoughts here would be tones in the forum of 2, 3, 4, 5, then variable, say 20 or 30...? Most experienced detectorists are tone (or should be) hunters. With these additions there is a good possibility they would reap a high % of beginner and experienced detectorists.

Just My Thoughts...

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back