Coins4Cheese
Hero Member
Well, here are my November totals.
Out of $120 in nickels, I found...
17 pre 1960 Jefferson nickels.
1 war nickel (1945-S)
1963 proof nickel; some steps still visible
And, I found my first buffalo nickel today! It's dateless though.
I also searched through $40 in pennies and I found...
About 550 coppers
7 wheaties (oldest one is a 1942)
3 or 4 2009 pennies (Found my first pro.life penny)
1981 gold colored/plated penny
A plastic play-money penny
Here's a pic of the buffalo
Out of $120 in nickels, I found...
17 pre 1960 Jefferson nickels.
1 war nickel (1945-S)
1963 proof nickel; some steps still visible
And, I found my first buffalo nickel today! It's dateless though.

I also searched through $40 in pennies and I found...
About 550 coppers
7 wheaties (oldest one is a 1942)
3 or 4 2009 pennies (Found my first pro.life penny)
1981 gold colored/plated penny
A plastic play-money penny
Here's a pic of the buffalo
Attachments
Upvote
0
I remember how happy I was when I found my first. I agree on the Type 1. I don't have one of those yet.
Sorry, never could figure how to photograph the coin. Might need a microscope to see the L (for Longacre the designer).







