What's new

Now, THAT was an interesting day!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do seem to be on a strange sort of roll here lately. Today was
no exception. It was a strangely interesting day. I can't recall the last
time I had such a wide variety of finds:

2015 (803).webp

Seemed to be all over the place today!

BUT....I NEVER tire of this scenario :
2015 (797).webp
2015 (798).webp
2015 (799).webp
2015 (800).webp

I liked it so much I repeated it a few times today!
And, I don't want to say that the rain ain't helping
but....

2015 (801).webp
2015 (802).webp
By the time I got this one out, it was almost flooded!

This next one just added to the interestingness:

2015 (804).webp
2015 (805).webp
2015 (806).webp
2015 (807).webp
2015 (808).webp

Strange piece. It is of some fairly heavy duty bronze/brass. :dontknow:

2015 (809).webp
The nickle-fest continued. :)

2015 (810).webp
3 whole wheat toasts, ready for the penicillin process.

2015 (811).webp
2015 (812).webp
Just look at how many different coins! LOL

2015 (813).webp
2015 (817).webp
2015 (818).webp
The Merc seemed to hold up the best!

2015 (816).webp
2015 (814).webp
2015 (815).webp

The mint mark looked a bit strange,
but I'll take it! :)

2015 (819).webp
I think Blingie got hornswagled. (thought it was gold. ;) )

All those DIFFERENT finds!! LOL
I swear, for a while there I was thinking I was going to have a
different item for every single dig!!

Four silvers in one day!?!? Not since the "good ole days!"

Like I said, any of these last few hunts would've been fine for
a final hunt of 2015. But, no, I know me! I'll push it for just one
more and THAT one, the real final hunt, I'll get skunked! LOL

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!
 
Upvote 42
Hey WHADIFIND, glad to see you had an interesting day AND raking up the silver coins! Those Canadian quarters sound like crap hey?
 
That was a huge day!!! A big beer or two for you!:occasion14:
 
good stuff. mercs in the mud are a beautiful sight
 
Your on a silver roll too. Good job
 
The mud sure brings the ground to life. Congrats on a nice silver outing and variety of good finds.

HH, Relic Nut
 
Strange or not, looks like it was a great day! We're snowed in here in Idaho.
 
Awesome assortment Whadi, you are pulling keepers every day!!! You sure are adding to the season totals.
 
Now that is a heckuva day! Very nice assortment of coins. Is that a little gun? Congrats Gary! Great way to end the year if you don't get out again.
 
I'm thinking it may be a toy gun too. I do recall old squirtguns didn't use a trigger pump to expel water but a rubber ball/bladder that you squeezed.
 
that's allot of silver for one day !
you got as much Silver in one day, That I found all year :laughing7:

Gun is cool Too :thumbsup:
 
Now that is a heckuva day! Very nice assortment of coins. Is that a little gun? Congrats Gary! Great way to end the year if you don't get out again.

Yeah....ain't it!!? LOL

The little gun is one of the more interesting pieces today. Like I said, it is a rather sturdy piece of bronze.
Took quite a bit to bend! The slot on the side looks to me like it might have had a spring loaded slide
at one time. Kind of like one would cock that back and then release the slide to fire. Whatever it fired? :dontknow:

I've never seen one like this. :icon_scratch:
 
I think the gun may have been a cigarette lighter.
Congrats on the silver haul. I do love finding Mercurys.
 
I think the gun may have been a cigarette lighter.
Congrats on the silver haul. I do love finding Mercurys.

Thanks! I just don't see how this lil gun could have ever been a lighter though. :dontknow:
 
Nice totals, got to like popping silvers out like you did today.
 
Nice job on the silvers Whadi.
 
Wow nice day of detecting WHADIFIND! Yes definitely a great variety of finds,
 
Well well well, look at you crushing the silvers!, heck of a haul, and another OD to boot, I don't think there's a much better way to close out 2015, unless of course you go back to that site and hammer some more out, happy new year gary!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom