Nox 600 Questions?

Critik

Apr 25, 2017
Charlotte, Nc
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro/Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/Fisher 1225x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So long story short I use to have a AT pro way back in the day it was stolen now I went out and got a Nox. And I have a few questions if someone could help.

I remember the AT having a sensitivity button in case you were around power lines and you had interference. Well I can not find this on the Nox. I noticed just having the Nox held in the air I was getting all kinds of beep boops but on other presets I wasn’t. The ground balance was 30.

Secondly, is there a way to cancel out trash items like nails for example I was sweeping the ground and it seemed like all the nails are around 18 to 20. I just could not find a way to cancel signals I did see where you could block out 1 through 9. But not anything else.

If anyone knows a few good vids that explain in detail how to operate the detector in different environments field/park etc that would be great.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
So long story short I use to have a AT pro way back in the day it was stolen now I went out and got a Nox. And I have a few questions if someone could help.

I remember the AT having a sensitivity button in case you were around power lines and you had interference. Well I can not find this on the Nox. I noticed just having the Nox held in the air I was getting all kinds of beep boops but on other presets I wasn’t. The ground balance was 30.

Secondly, is there a way to cancel out trash items like nails for example I was sweeping the ground and it seemed like all the nails are around 18 to 20. I just could not find a way to cancel signals I did see where you could block out 1 through 9. But not anything else.

If anyone knows a few good vids that explain in detail how to operate the detector in different environments field/park etc that would be great.
First, decide if you are hunting for coins, OR relics.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox is a way different machine than the ATP. There is a free owner's manual on the Minelab website, I strongly suggest you download and print it out and read it several times. The answers to your questions will be found there. One thing I will tell you is forget about running maximum sensitivity in public places, it will beep all over the place on tiny junk. Many places I have to run down around 16 on sensitivity and it will still find deep targets. I open it up in fields and woods with less junk in the ground. Ground balance of 30 sounds odd, read the full manual.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start with upgrading the firmware to the latest version if you haven't done so already. Next, after you've fired it up and chosen the mode you want to use, do a noise cancel if you're getting EMI interference with the coil up in the air. If it's still noisy, lower the sensitivity until it's stable. In some places, you have to lower it quite a bit. If all else fails, try using some of the single frequencies to see if you can find one that works better. The Horseshoe button is for using or removing iron discrimination and sounds. I almost always run with it on because I want to hear the iron (albeit at a lower tone than non-ferrous). In areas with good sounding iron, try adjusting the iron bias setting. For areas with lots of bottle caps, I use F2 @ 6 to help I.D./ignore them. Relic hunting, you would want to set the iron bias at 0 and muddle through it as best you can. Notching out positive numbers is not advised if you want to find gold. Notching out negative numbers isn't either if you're looking for iron relics. I'd start by digging just about everything at first.....at least until you get an idea of what things sound like and match that to what you see on the screen. I also run my machine in 50 tones. I find it gives me much more information that way. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but, stick with it. Soon you will be talking the same language and everything will start to make sense.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ok you definitely need to download and read the free online manual as mentioned... Also there are a ton of you tube videos ...I mean a ton... including tutorials...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread