Nox 800 parts needed

tonyc10k

Sep 7, 2012
Georgetown ky
Detector(s) used
Minelabs equinox 800, whites classic ID, bounty hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a nox 800 really cheap. It works well but the rods are not the ones for it. Someone has fabricated something to make it work. So where can I get the OEM replacement shaft for it? I need all 3 shafts cause someone got drill happy and drilled holes in the upper shaft. I'm assuming they broke or lost the middle shaft cause its missing so they cut a small rod that fit in the upper and over the lower and bolted them together.

Tony,

I can't help you with an OEM shaft, but I build and sell high-quality carbon-fiber shafts for the Equinox through my company, Steve's Detector Rods. If you are interested, I can get you a nice upper shaft (a one-piece shaft that replaces BOTH the upper and middle sections of the OEM shaft system), a lower rod, OR a COMPLETE shaft (upper and lower both).

I have a tube that would build a nice lower rod, that has a minor cosmetic blemish on the underside (a small patch of "overspray" of the glossy coating), that I could give you a nice discount on, as well, if money is tight...

Contact me if interested, either here via PM, or at my email address at [email protected].

Thanks,

Steve
Steve's Detector Rods, home of Equinox and CTX 3030 carbon-fiber shafts and rods
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

I got a nox 800 really cheap. It works well but the rods are not the ones for it. Someone has fabricated something to make it work. So where can I get the OEM replacement shaft for it? I need all 3 shafts cause someone got drill happy and drilled holes in the upper shaft. I'm assuming they broke or lost the middle shaft cause its missing so they cut a small rod that fit in the upper and over the lower and bolted them together.

Well you hit the holy grail, as the stock rods are WORTHLESS. Get yourself a good aftermarket shaft.

Dave

Steve's CF rods are great! They work like a champ.

Thanks, HighVDI and vferrari! Much appreciated!

Steve

Yes, I've heard great things about Steve's rods. I wouldn't bother with the factory stuff.

Thanks, smokeythecat! I appreciate the support!

Steve

Yup, get a carbon fiber setup from Steve. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, cudamark! I appreciate the endorsement!

Steve

Well you hit the holy grail, as the stock rods are WORTHLESS. Get yourself a good aftermarket shaft.

Dave

I have no idea why you would say that. I have read that some have experienced wobbly shafts, but neither I, nor my buddies that also have Equinoxes have had any problems with them.

Iron Buzz, I think some of the first ones made had an issue with that but apparently that was corrected. At least I haven't heard any new problems within the last few months.

Last edited:
I have no idea why you would say that. I have read that some have experienced wobbly shafts, but neither I, nor my buddies that also have Equinoxes have had any problems with them.
Yeah, that's about that I've gathered. I was taking exception to the blanket statement that "the stock rods are WORTHLESS"

I have yet to experience the wobbly shaft, but the shaft cams definitely get sand and grit in them and you have to assume at some point the button adjustment holes are going to get worn. I bought a piece of 22mm x 20mm x 1000mm carbon fiber tube on eBay for $17. The lower shaft slides in there snugly. I drilled holes in it to match the holes I used on my metal shaft and there’s no way it can wobble. I had a $5 coupon so it should cost you about $22 max. I’m sure some will say it’s not balanced but the thing only weighs 2.75 lbs so I don’t see the issue. If that is a problem for some, you could easily adjust where you put the arm cuff and handle and add some weight behind it.

Any machine after time and use will get wear and tear. That's a given. That beach sand is just plain corrosive. It wears out my portable canvas folding camp chairs at the rate of one a year. You ought to see my two main machines. One is 9 years old, the other almost 3. They have never, ever broken, gone back to the manufacturer or left me in a lurch, and they look like the chew toys of a pit bull!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back