Nox aftermarkets,.

I don't have a problem with the shaft for my purposes. I did add some shims to the washers on the coil to take up the slack. There are some available to buy but I made mine from a piece of milk jug since I'm cheap and don't like to wait. It seems to work fine. Some others use the coil stiffeners which may be a good idea but I haven't for the reasons listed above. [emoji854]

Only thing Iv added is a wrap around my handle and Patriot headphones for water...

Some people think the lower after market shafts are better made than the originals. As far as ears breaking off, as far as I know everyone who had that happen had to get a new coil. I don't think there's an epoxy on earth that can stand up to detectorists.

Wow! That's some tricked out detector!! Cool!

My Knox looks like its been through hell. That's because it's well used year round. That's what I bought it for. She's great on land, in the water and snow

Sorry, IMHO...nothing beats Detect-ED shafts.

Matt

I think some people need a cup of harden the **** up...lol

Counterweight?

I've never had a problem, and neither has my father, who is 82 years old and swings it for a LOT more hours than I can.

Sorry, I just Prefer Detect Ed

Matt

LOL...I was just pointing out that Steve's shafts have more available options.

I think some people need a cup of harden the **** up...lol

Counterweight?

I've never had a problem, and neither has my father, who is 82 years old and swings it for a LOT more hours than I can.

Sorry, I just Prefer Detect Ed

Matt

How do you know that you prefer Detect Ed if you haven't tried one of Steve's with the counterweight? Sure you can use it without the counterweight. But you might like it even more with one.

I like the Detect-ed shaft better, I bought one. I love the fact it has a drain hole at the bottom of the shaft. I do a lot of beach hunting.:metaldetector:

Last I checked, carbon fiber is unable to detect metal. It’s what’s attached to it that counts. All this chatter about what shaft is better is trivial. When I was in the market for a CF shaft I looked at both Steve’s and Detect-Ed and chose Detect-Ed just because I thought they looked better [emoji38]

troutbum -- just FYI, I am always happy to include a drain hole in a lower rod, for anyone that wants one. Most beach hunters I sell shafts to prefer NOT to have a drain hole -- their thoughts being that since there are no other holes in the shaft for water/sand to enter into (unless you submerge your shaft all the way to the arm cuff holes), then that makes a drain hole as much of a detriment (allowing water/sand/silt INTO the shaft) as it is a benefit (allowing water to drain out). But since I'm not a beach hunter, I have no opinion on the matter; that's why I leave it as an option for the customer -- drain hole or no drain hole, I build them either way...

Thanks!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

P.S. I see that you served (NAM) 1969-1970; THANKS for your service. If you ever need another shaft, let me know -- as I ALWAYS offer a 15% discount to all of those who serve or have served in our military.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back