NS Meyer military button, and maybe another button?

della terra

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
northern lower MI, and sometimes Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; eyes and hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to search the backyard of my childhood home in Louisville for the first time today and found this great military button. I just love it. It even has some thread fibers still stuck on the back. It says N S Meyer New York. I'm curious how old it is but I haven't had much luck finding out via the Internet. Not that it really matters because it is my first really good find, and I like it!

The other thing is a fairly heavy un-magnetic metal... It is just a bit curved, concave, so maybe it is another button? My dad thinks it may be a garden hose fitting. It does have some very faint (decorative?) lines on it. The spot I found these two is probably where the clothesline used to be.

Now I can't wait to go search some more, despite the fact that the mosquitos have feasted upon every inch of my exposed skin... :(

Attachments

• image-3955903109.jpg
    image-3955903109.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 172
Upvote 0

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button is a general staff "Great Seal" 1902 - present. The other is a Hem weight or sometimes a curtain weight, also used as buttons by the less fortunate. nice finds. keep swingin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread