What's new

Nuckles? pewter? age?

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like lead but much too light to be lead. Found in the middle of no where in a civil war camp. I have heard of them being used in the Civil War but don't think these are period. I have only seen brass ones until now. They were found at about 8 in deep. Any ideas of age or type of metal?
 

Attachments

  • chain ornament & knuckles 001.webp
    chain ornament & knuckles 001.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 364
  • chain ornament & knuckles 002.webp
    chain ornament & knuckles 002.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 336
  • chain ornament & knuckles 004.webp
    chain ornament & knuckles 004.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 337
  • chain ornament & knuckles 005.webp
    chain ornament & knuckles 005.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 354
  • chain ornament & knuckles 003.webp
    chain ornament & knuckles 003.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 364
kuger said:
Hey Buckles I have yet to I.D. your part but did notice another piece in your pic,that I have dug many of and recently realized what they were(thanks Ironman)part of a whale oil lamp!!! :thumbsup:
http://www.thelampworks.com/lw_info_burner_id.htm

Thanks kuger!

I may post that part in the whatzit threads. I have a hunch that it's something interesting, but I've searched and searched for an ID with no luck.

-Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom