What's new

Nunnallys Engineer tag?

Moe (fl)

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nunnally's Engineer tag?

This morning, I found a small round tag the size of a nickel with the inscription "Nunnally's Engineer". It has a hole in the middle. I am thinking it may be a surveying tag. The site is inland and goes back to mid 1800's. I will take a picture and post but here is a similar one that was found in Central Florida in 2005.

Thanks,
Moe
 

Attachments

  • nunallys.webp
    nunallys.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,860
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

Might be a button for a pair of jeans, they had many varieties.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

Here is the photo of the button I found:
 

Attachments

  • n1.webp
    n1.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 635
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

I am guessing this is a surveyor's tag that is nailed to trees.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

Moe, I found a button like yours digging in the trash dump of an old train depot (in Florida) I also found coal and a railroad spike and a carhartt button. Apparently the railroad people used nunnally and carhartt clothes. As you can see the one I found had an iron back that was zinc plated.
 

Attachments

  • nunnally\'s back.webp
    nunnally\'s back.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 474
  • nunnally\'s engineer.webp
    nunnally\'s engineer.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Might be a button for a pair of jeans, they had many varieties.
gambol1 said:
Moe, I found a button like yours digging in the trash dump of an old train depot (in Florida) I also found coal and a railroad spike and a carhartt button. Apparently the railroad people used nunnally and carhartt clothes. As you can see the one I found had an iron back that was zinc plated.
I agree. http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/archives/relicarc/relicarc_config.pl?noframes;read=312463 Someone says here that the company was in Knoxville, Tn. made a whole line of overalls and work clothes used in the railroad industry.
 

Attachments

  • button nunnally engineer.webp
    button nunnally engineer.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 521
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

bigcypress, thanks for the reply, I sent an email to railroadiana a railroad collector group to find out a little more about the company. Gambol
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

That last pic makes me think it is half of a "snap". Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nunnally's Engineer tag?

Nunnally's Engineer is an overalls button. I have found them around old barns/ blacksmith's, etc.
 

Attachments

  • 100_5319.webp
    100_5319.webp
    12.9 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom