What's new

NWMP button #6 today!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
6,035
Reaction score
7,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my digging pal out to the button farm today. We searched for the NWMP campsite but no luck. Definitely going to keep trying.

I did manage to find yet another big NWMP button, when it rains it pours I guess!

The land owners stopped by, and the lady told me that in fact YES someone had detected the property numerous times in the past. That would explain the lack of good high tones and silver of any kind. I can only imagine what that lucky SOB found there 25 years ago. Oh well I'm certainly not going to complain, and I'm glad it's a place I can hunt anytime I like. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464834750.151795.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464834776.221240.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464835004.068209.webp
 
Upvote 20
What is the item to the left? Cuff link? Metal with a stone in the middle?
 
Nice relics finds & congrats - thanks for sharing your pictures & story with us and wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Maybe you have already found it ? I mean they probably stayed in tents, meaning no big iron patch, like a house site might have.
Not real surprised you found another, cool cuff link, I found just one similar.
What if anything did your friend find ?
 
Maybe you have already found it ? I mean they probably stayed in tents, meaning no big iron patch, like a house site might have.
Not real surprised you found another, cool cuff link, I found just one similar.
What if anything did your friend find ?

That crossed my mind Rick. These have all come up within a 100ft radius of the farm's natural water source. Maybe the "exact location" the owner gave is inaccurate, things can get distorted in family stories over time. Also hard to tell because the previous detectorists must have removed a lot of information. I will keep trying there.

The only thing my friend found was about 30 ticks. Very strange as I didn't have a single one.
 
Well played JC!

Or do you prefer... Banner Boy? best of luck to you.
 
Sounds like a great permission JC. Congrats on pulling more keepers from that location.
 
That crossed my mind Rick. These have all come up within a 100ft radius of the farm's natural water source. Maybe the "exact location" the owner gave is inaccurate, things can get distorted in family stories over time. Also hard to tell because the previous detectorists must have removed a lot of information. I will keep trying there.

The only thing my friend found was about 30 ticks. Very strange as I didn't have a single one.

That sounds like a lot of ticks for what looks like short grass. For some reason I was thinking that it would be more of a wooded site. Give my head a shake, it's the prairies dumb a$$.
 
That sounds like a lot of ticks for what looks like short grass. For some reason I was thinking that it would be more of a wooded site. Give my head a shake, it's the prairies dumb a$$.

We spent the first couple of hours in and around the ravine, and on the other side. The grass here is deeper than it looks, a lot of it is nearly waist deep. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1464895447.851167.webpFortunately the farm yard is nicely mowed. As for being a wooded area on the prairies, this is a lot of trees in this pic haha.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom