JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
"O How I Love Groves"

Hey everyone, Went out over the weekend determined to find something. It rained every trip we went out.

I got out Friday evening for a few hrs with my brother. Saturday we got up went out was doing great and I got a call from my wife to go and pick up some furniture.

After that was all done we went back out for a hr and a brutal storm came so we called it quits.

Friday night though we decided my one boy who is 2 going on three at the end of August was ready for his first hunt with us.

He's been out before but it was his first time with just me and Lance. We always take my other son who is five.

Out of no where about 25 minutes into the hunt he comes running up to me with his first marble. I was so proud of him LoL. I didn't care if I found anything after that. It was another treasure hunter in the making.

It's the blue small one in the pic. I think he dug it up with his fork.

Sunday, was the best day. There is a old grove we hunted last summer off the road near a cemetery.

It's hard to explain. We got alot of rain so I knew it would be a good place to check. We found alot of other good stuff at this site last year.

It picked right up when we got there. I dug a buffalo really quick into the hunt. We were also picking up clay marbles frequently.

This was a total of 6 hrs hunting. 2 hrs each day at three different sites. All were groves. 2 were in old parks and the one by itself off the road near a old cemetery.

I found a really nice ring not marked at all. I don't know if it's silver white gold or what. The stones really gleam in it.

I also found a really neat button. I have another just like it. The other is in alot older of condition and smaller.

Does any one recognize it. The back is completely corroded and eaten away. So no way for a backmarking.

It's alot to explain. I'll just answer any of your questions about what you see.

The quarter is a 37. The Indian is a 1880. The buffalo has no date. No good date wheat's. Some early one's but no mint marks. 1 1942 S war nickle.

Hope you all enjoy the finds.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• O How I Love Goodies.jpg
    O How I Love Goodies.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 778
  • O How I Love Relics 2.jpg
    O How I Love Relics 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 769
  • O How I Love Relics 1.jpg
    O How I Love Relics 1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 771
  • O How I Love Relics.jpg
    O How I Love Relics.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 773
Upvote 0
Re: "O How I Love Groves"

congrats! looks like you smoked 'em out! WTG! :)

hi capt.nice finds and i mit sit here for a while and check out our pics congrats

tinpan

Glad to see you still know how to use that detector. ;) Weather has been great for metal detecting and the ground is soft.

Nice group of finds. Decent variety. My kind of weekend. ;D

Mirage

Quick question,

Why are groves so good for MD's?

xto

Congrats on the nice finds Jer and the quality time making a new hunter! HH, Mike

nice finds jer! looks like you had a fun day

awesome marbles too!

HH

Hope you don't mind me cutting up your picture, but I was curious about this item. It looks like some kind of badge with crossed rifles under a star. Does anyone know what this is? Great finds btw, one of the best tips that I have received is to look for street names with "Grove."

Attachments

• rifles.jpg
    rifles.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 384

Thanks alot for all the nice comments everyone. I'll try and answer as best as I can.

No problem on tips.

Xto, Groves are so good because kids played in them back in the day. It was also a great place for picnics and gatherings. Through out the years alot of coins, artifacts and relics left hands and pockets.

I never lost the touch Mirage. I have been hunting like every other week dodging the hot weather. 90 plus you won't see me out. Ground is to hard and I just don't really enjoy the hunt.

I'd rather fight rain than heat. I always go out after the rains.

Kiros, I don't mind that you cut the pic up. I find so many items that it's very hard to determine what everything is.

In the last 3 yrs I filled a 30 plus gallon container full of relics. Alot need cleaned up.

I think the item you were looking at was a piece of a coffin or tomb. Jeff of Pa was very good at identifying cemetery relics. And since the site is so close a few things have wandered over the years.

You are right about street names. They can also be clues of the past. Alot of the roads are named after the earliest settlers in the area. I have actually found cellar holes with the names on the map. And the road 200 yrs later was named after him.

Pretty cool to know your hunting someones place and the road that you walked to get there is now named after that person. Usually the last name.

I love to woods hunt and look for colonial finds. But I have to stay in lawns and groves for the summer. Easier to deal with. I hunt all yr long.

Thanks again everyone.

If you all want to know anything else or need a better pic just let me know.

HH Jer

Love that blue marble Jeremy! :)

Ya'll did great!!! Congrats!
Nana ;)

Thanks for the replies Nana and NE. It sucks in some way that I have to hunt this hard to find things at times.

All the past hunters over the years have made it this way. There's always old coins to be found. But you have to weigh how many trash items am I going to have to dig to find one old coin.

Some days it's 10 to 20 peices of trash to one old coin. But one good thing is I'm geting alot of cool and unique relics this way.

I'd rather have them than common old coins. I need to start hitting some side walk tear ups.

I have saw alot of them. I just feel kinda strange swinging in front of homes and peoples cars. But if I'm caught on I don't care day I'll do it.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back