Oak Island Treasure found in 1913

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When the shampoo, automobile, and pet food manufacturers agree to purchase airtime for commercials for the Curse of Oak Island TV show ;)

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No water traps as such. Just normal liqidfaction. Sea water running along and through the rock strata of the island

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Don't know if any of you have read this, there's a lot, but this guy makes more sense about nothing ever being there. At least with a "treasure" ever being buried on the island. He posts a lot of documented facts to prove his theory. More than I've seen/read showing something was/is buried there.

The Oak Island Legend

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc,I believe that they never intended to retrieve the what ever it is", through the original pit, since there was no way to deactivate the water traps, they dug above the flooded water height, horizontally, in a precise direction, easily accessible through a shallow excavation. a certain distance, in a specific direction ,

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Don Jose, if they never intended to return, then why such an elaborate side tunnel that was accessible via another dig? If such, were they leaving it for someone else to return for it? Or was the pit a ruse, to hide the side tunnel from those that stumbled upon the pit? I would think someone experienced in digging would tend to notice a spot in a vertical pit where the earth was a different composition from the surrounding soil.

I know you have a lot of experience, no not the ladies, with mines.:laughing7: And I'm no tunnel expert, but I've been around mining. I've seen the variance in soil when part of my farm was strip mined, and the shovel hit an old collapsed section of a deep mine.

So how would you hide a side tunnel and not leave a sign?

Funny side bit. I have old maps of the area going back to the late 1700's. Many showed all the old private mines dug for coal. I had to show the mining companies where they were, as the maps they had didn't list them . Figured they wouldn't be too happy loosing a piece of equipment or personnel in one of those pits.

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If giants did exist at one point, there is no proof of their existence.

I have been an historical researcher for over 40 years. I have read dozens of stories of giant skeletons being found. But MY word wouldn't be your proof.

Here's your proof. I could post numerous documentations but these three should be enough even for the biggest skeptics, that giants DID IN FACT exist. But ............................. if you need more proof after these, do a Google search and weed though the hoaxes to find the true scientific and archaeological documents
https://grahamhancock.com/dewhurstr1
The Hidden Origins Of Human History: These Giant Skeletons Challenge Human History ? Collective Evolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criel_Mound

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been an historical researcher for over 40 years. I have read dozens of stories of giant skeletons being found. But MY word wouldn't be your proof.

Here's your proof. I could post numerous documentations but these three should be enough even for the biggest skeptics, that giants DID IN FACT exist. But ............................. if you need more proof after these, do a Google search and weed though the hoaxes to find the true scientific and archaeological documents
The Hidden Origins Of Human History: These Giant Skeletons Challenge Human History ? Collective Evolution

I don't know, Golden. Hancock is an ancient astronaut theorist and Dewhurst is a conspiracy nut. Not real credible sources. Credible proof means more than some newspaper article from the 1800's.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't know, Golden. Hancock is an ancient astronaut theorist and Dewhurst is a conspiracy nut. Not real credible sources. Credible proof means more than some newspaper article from the 1800's.
Nah his not an Ancient astronaught theorist. He firmly beleives in a lost ancient civilization. He does debate the aa theory. Although he does apear on aa on history. But you will find its mainly to talk about flawed archeology towarda megaliths and such.
He has a great 3 part series called search for the lost civilisation thats very well made

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

goldenrecoveries

Oct 6, 2014
I Forgot
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I guess that WASN'T enough for even the biggest skeptics lol. Did you do a Google search as I suggested? That way you don't have to rely on the BIBLE either lol. Oh well, everybody is entitled to their own opinion and yours counts as much as Mine! So would you consider modern archaeological documentation from the Smithsonian as credible?

The Smithsonian’s Mound Survey Project

The Smithsonian’s Division of Mound Exploration (and the resulting Mound Survey Project) was established by an act of Congress in 1881. Cyrus Thomas was the project director and author of the annual reports’ sections on mounds. It is known that he often used the written reports from his field agents verbatim. The main project ran from 1882 to 1891. Three field agents were employed at a monthly pay of $125, which had to pay for travel, lodging, meals, and the hire of local laborers. Thomas related that the project opened “2,000 mounds” and recovered “40,000 specimens” (Path of Souls). The total number of skeletons found by the project isn’t known, because many mounds had jumbled skeletal remains, partial remains, cremations, and because many skeletons had simply disintegrated.

Our analysis of the Bureau of Ethnology Annual Reports (1887; 1894) revealed that 17 “large” skeletons were excavated from mounds by the field agents. They ranged in length from 6’ 7” to 7’ 6”. At least 14 of them were seven feet or more in length. The mounds the large skeletons were recovered from were from Adena, Hopewell, and Mississippian sites. However, half of the seven footers were found in Adena Era mounds in West Virginia, primarily along the Kanawha River Valley (Path of Souls).

It is important to note that the Bureau’s reports mentioned numerous other “large” skeletons that were found, but many were so disintegrated that accurate measuring was impossible. In essence, the Smithsonian didn’t cover up the discovery of these tall people; it simply didn’t call them “giants.” But this led us to look at other reports made by mainstream archaeologists.

Research Source:
Giant Predecessors in America? | Atlantis Rising Magazine Library

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helo Golden Diiscoveries, y father was 6' 6 " inches, a large Oirishman. his brothers and sister were all over 6' 4". I am only 5' 8" myself.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"Giantism" .. as in Robert Ludlow and Andre the Giant is found on most continents past and present. Dig up enough skeletons and sooner or later you'll find a really tall person or two.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo

A ridiculously bad article and a 6'9" skeleton in a mound is proof of something, but not what you're arguing. One doesn't have to be a skeptic to see the issues here, but a certain amount of critical thinking is required.

With regards to that article, there are far more than two cranes in the world that can make a 200 ton lift 40 feet. The shipyard that I work at has a number of them, and that's not the only such shipyard in Washington, let alone the world. The author would have known that with a small amount of research. Going along with that, the movement of a large load is not necessarily a mystery. Giants are one explanation, but a basic understanding of physics is another.

I could go on about how bad that article was, but it wouldn't be relevant to the conversation.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 6' 6" and my long lost relatives help hide and retrieve the treasures we are talking about.

Sooooo, am I telling Da Truth? :headbang:

I like this story but it is sooooo far out there and all the wacko theories make me laugh, cry and even shake my head in disgust.

If, and that is a big if, there ever was anything on this island it was retrieved long ago by whoever placed it there.
I will continue to watch as the show can be somewhat comical and the best part just might be the annoying announcer.

What's that, a new poster? Stretching the truth?
Will the Lagina's partner up with him and take all his money to continue the search?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a big fan of the Oak Island story. Unfortunately, the chain of evidence was broken too many times to know these days, what exactly is, or was there. If we go back to the first story of Mcginnis, he recruited two of his friends, then 8 years later, he was part of the Onslow company(i think that's what is was called). If those stories are true, then a pattern appears that, Mcginnis was trying to get help to get the treasure(not a far stretch at all). Then, they got to 90 feet and stopped. the next day it is filled with water. If this is true, one can make the assumption, that they came back at night(Mcginnis and a few others), retrieved the treasure, and flooded the pit. The recent episode of TCOOI with the Cross from the Mcginnis sisters, would seem to make that theory true.
Maybe someone can straighten me out here. Does the cross the Mc Ginnis have have any provenance other than their story?

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone can straighten me out here. Does the cross the Mc Ginnis have have any provenance other than their story?
What is so disappointing is that the brothers have made no attempt to check the validity of this claim. The gold in the cross is pretty obvious low carrot (ie mixed with other metals) one would think (I know nothing about this stuff just guessing here) that the types/mix of metals used to make low carrot gold have changed over the years so a testing of what metals the gold is mixed with should show if it is modern.

The sisters story also has other gold objects still in existence including a gold coin. The brothers have never even asked to see them.

I would "guess" that they do not want to pursue this story as if the treasure was taken by the original finders of the pit everything else they are doing is simply a waste of time and money...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty did say he'd like to have the cross tested during the episode. It's not up to him to make that happen other then be willing to pay for it. The Family may not be willing to let it out of their site... I don't recall during that episode the ladies saying they still had any other items from the chest.. Did say there "were" other items in the chest when found but thought they said the only thing left was the cross.. The Brother now need to be finding relatives of the other original boys to talk to them... and I would think they are or the show is behind the scenes trying to locate them and sure wish someone could find the Restall's youngest son or atleast find out if he is still alive.. He'd be in his 60's now...

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n2mini...

I would imagine finding the relatives has already been done, pretty easy to find about anyone in this day...

If they had nothing to say or if it didn't advance the story line of the show, in the direction they wanted, there would be no need to mention them at all and could do more harm than good if they were in the negative about the whole thing...

I doubt they have left any stones unturned in any of this and cherry pick what will help the show and what will not is simply never mentioned. It's all about ratings afterall.

Having 'experts' come in is also a good move on the show/bro's part as it leaves them with an out if something is questioned "We didn't know, that's why we hired an expert" who also gets to be fall guy if it comes down to it...

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

I think that is pure BS, they were possibly paid by the producers for showing here. No credibility ...
I am tired of all the BS in this show ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread