What's new

OC Gold

OBN

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
8,274
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland Waters
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to work early Sunday morning....2am/off 7am..100 plus temps Coming, no place better to be then the water.....Road trip, 2+ hour drive...... 5 hours hunting.....Excal 2, infinium 3, infinium got the Gold ..drive back 3 hours....traffic, Bay Bridge...but who cares..it was a good day. Slept like a Baby.......................joe


Gotta say the Infinum is a killer with the 10x14 monocoil, but it does not do well with salt water in the OC area..every swing it falses, going north swing left to right it falses toward the wet sand , goes crazy with the water rushing over the coil, going south it does the same, falses when swung right to left toward the wetsand/water, crazy in the rushing water, so I know there's nothing wrong other then this is what this detector does, tried ajusting threshold several times, discrimate also, then balancing each time....still freaks, but amist all this I'm still able to hear & pick the targets because of there duration, shape, strenght.......................Amazing it does great in the Chesapeake Bay, where there is saltwater, calm swells, infinums very stable, and I can hear the faints better.....Any Infinium owners input? Smaller coil? thanks guys....
 

Attachments

  • infinium oc.webp
    infinium oc.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0
Wow, very nice.
 
Joe -

Very nice! I'd put up with Bridge traffic for that any time!
 
Nicest one I've seen in a while. Good show!
 
Joe,
That ring is a beauty.. absolutely stunning.. You are the man I tell ya.. lemme know when your heading up my way will ya..
 
Thanks everyone for the great feed back, Hoping I can get a few Infinium Pro's to give me some feed back also on the reactions of the detector and there experiences with the same coil under similar conditions.

And Jeff, tell Elaine her secret spot saved the day in the last 30 minutes I was there....Several great rings have come out of that 100 yard area for me, and from what I hear...You & Elaine also. Best of Luck on everyones next outing................Joe
 
I'm sorry I would not put up with the traffic, I lived in the bay area!!!! I would just rather hunt here than in your area!!! just think one less person as competition!!!! HH and Great finds Chug!!!
 
The detector is detecting the salt. Most pulse machines used to have something called a pulse delay control. I think Garrett calls this a discrimination control. By increasing the pulse delay you should be able to eliminate false signals from salt water. You may also loose sensitivity to very small gold.

This is from the Infinium owners manual:

Searching Shoreline and Shallow Surf
The Infinium LS is a highly sensitive detector and
has the capability to detect metals with only the slightest
conductivity. As a result, the Infinium LS may
also detect high concentrations of saltwater due to
its conductivity. This effect is most noticeable when
operating at the sea's shoreline and in the shallow
surf where the searchcoil is continually encountering
passing waves.
26
Increase the Discrimination setting only as needed
in order to reduce saltwater detection. Typically, a
setting of three or less is sufficient. Do not be concerned
about missing targets due to the increased
Discrimination. Rather, the stable operation achieved
with this slight increase in Discrimination will ensure
the best possible target detection for this saltwater
environment.
 
That was the perfect answer John, Thank you............joe
 
So you like the Infinium ? WTG on the Ring :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom