What's new

Ocean City Maryland

Chris819

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
MD
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I will be going 2 Ocean city sometime in mid October or early November. I have never been 2 Ocean city before so where is the best place 2 stay close 2 the beach as I am going 2 spend most of my time detecting. Is their any rules about what times you can be on the beach detecting? I would like 2 do a lot of night detecting. Also I know I need 2 stay on the dry sand as I only have a Ace 250. Is it even worth me going with a Ace 250? Is it even worth it 2 try the dry sand. Sorry for all the questions but I have never detected a beach before. Thanks Chris
 
Upvote 0
I think any time is ok just fill your holes and dont detect the protected dune grass area.
 
There are no restrictions in Ocean City, and as Roger stated fill all of your holes
 
I used a custom setting on my 350 yesterday. I just notched out all iron. Not sure if you can do this on the 250. I even went over on the wet sand and it was working pretty good as long as I kept the sensitivity down. Not crazy about the sea water hitting a non-waterproof housing so I stayed on the dry sand. I increased the sensitivity to full here on the dry, I got a few targets in the 10-12 inch areas. Bottle caps.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom