What's new

Ocean Pond in North Central Fla ?

Mr.Excavator

Full Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
199
Reaction score
192
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried Ocean Pond lake in the North Central area of Fla? There was also a GREAT Civil war battle in the 1850 or so in that areas as well. The battle raged on the east side of the lake. I thought I may try there for a day. I know you CANNOT hunt in the Memorial park area but the water is fair game, maybe a stray bullet or so.

Tim
 
Upvote 0
A great civil war battle in the 1850 or so? I think you need to do a bit more research. You are quite a few years too early. Either way, good luck with your hunt.
 
1850's... That would have been the turf war between the Seminoles and the Crips.. :laughing7:
 
I was close 1864. That is it. I watched a reenactment once there many years ago.
 
We saw a reinactment,too. Pretty cool. But if it's in a National Forest, I wonder if you can detect anywhere??
 
We saw a reinactment,too. Pretty cool. But if it's in a National Forest, I wonder if you can detect anywhere??

I researched it all last week and did not find anything saying NO. I figured I would go out and once there just ask the park ranger if it was OK. The worst he can say is NO.

I went camping there years ago with the kids and remember the water being hot like a spring, It is called "lake sweat" at my house.

Anyways hope it goes well. Water hunting and posibility of old war relics.

Tim
 
Has anyone tried Ocean Pond lake in the North Central area of Fla? There was also a GREAT Civil war battle in the 1850 or so in that areas as well. The battle raged on the east side of the lake. I thought I may try there for a day. I know you CANNOT hunt in the Memorial park area but the water is fair game, maybe a stray bullet or so.

Tim
You can't hunt there , it's in a National Forest. It's Taboo, if caught they will take your detector,your car they will give you a $100,000 fine and 6 months in jail. This happen to 4 guy from Oklahoma who got caught hunting in a National Forest in Va. in 1987.
 
I say go for it.. get an orange vest and tell them your looking for burried phone and power cables.
 
MD in National Forest or State Park

You can MD if you are looking of something you lost. The bad thing is if you find a cannon ball, and try to take it what excuse are you going to give:skullflag:
 
No MDing or no digging? Problay beep along all day, but stick a spade in ,and reds and blues all around lol.
 
If I had control of the situation I'd issue 50 or 100 lottery style permits for metal detecting good for 365 days rather than just letting the artifacts deteriorate in the ground.
 
I would go as smokey the bear if anyone can hunt this area it would be him. , good luck and write alot. Keeps time passing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom