What's new

ODD CHERT

wells

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
683
Reaction score
561
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever seen this stuff before ? The color is like onendaga chert but the texture isn't right.
 

Attachments

  • wells gems dug.webp
    wells gems dug.webp
    280.9 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
I find blue chert like what is located in TN. Its not native to my area so it was traded in.
 
I don't know, I haven't really seen anything like that down my way. I have only ever found a couple small pieces of Onendaga this far south. Could it still be onendaga, but from the outer layers of the outcropping where it is not as pure, or perhaps from a weathered cobble of onendaga, instead of from the mother lode?
 
I have to go along with Redbread on that, maybe a piece from the outer core. Nice artifact:icon_thumright:
 
I have found a piece of coral more of a flake and I live 5 hours from the saltwater. They traded allot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom