What's new

Odd disk

LukeTHr

Full Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
198
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had a customer bing this in to see if maybe I would know what it is. I have no idea. He said he found it out in a pasture here in western Kansas. It is about 2 1/2 inches across and very heavy, maybe about 4-5 ounces. It seems to be made of lead and has a 1/4" steel strap thru the middle of it, like it was part of a larger item. You can see the stubs of the strap where it has broken off. Any ideas ??
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1251.webp
    DSCF1251.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF1251.webp
    DSCF1251.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCF1253.webp
    DSCF1253.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 249
It looks like an old clock pendulum. The speed of the clock was adjusted by sliding the weight up or down the metal strip. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom