Odd find

Maggie from Indiana

Aug 30, 2005
Hello Everyone. I haven't posted in awhile. Well the other night I found quite a bit of pennies,nickels, and dimes. Most of them from 1964. But I did find a spot with big chuncks of coal in it. My detector kept on buzzin and I finally found it. It looks to be an old plug to a sink. It is heavy and the handle sort of looks like a duck head. Oh well I will find my big treasure one day. The best part of the last hunt was my daughter started following me around, then my Mom took my detector and found the spots and made me dig, then my Dad started following me around. We looked like a family of ducks following each other. LOL :D It was so funny and will make for a great memory. Man I have a great family. ;D. Happy hunting everyone. Oh before I forget I am going to MD my mushroom woods tonight. Talk at ya later. ;)

Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
That's awesome Maggie! I wish my boys like to MD, but they think it's too much like work and boring (UGH! teenagers!). Fortunately, my husband likes to dig! Keep 'em coming!

vicki

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great way to spend the day. WTGV

M

mchamby

Hi maggie I'm a shrooner my self what kind do you pick? Since I"m unable to walk long distances I mostly hunt by car on the older dirt roads. I look for chickens and oysters and gem puffballs, it's getting harder to find them though expecially with the dry season this year. I dehydrate most for winte cooking all but the puffs. :D HH
Mchamby

OP
OP
M

Maggie from Indiana

Aug 30, 2005
Hi Mchamby,

I hunt mostly the yellow and grey morels in the spring. I don't think I have looked for the ones you were talking about. I see a ton of the puffer ball ones but did not know you could eat them. What are chickens? What do they look like?

Maggie

M

mchamby

Hi Maggie that was a quick come back. Chickens are sulfercrest mushrooms salmon colored on top and yellow underneth they are a shelf mushroom that grows on an injury to a live tree. They are delicious in chicken dishes and it looks like cooked chicken when it's in small pieces. Gems are little mushrooms about the size of a nickel and sautee up great, oysters grow on dead hard woods in the fall but as you know mushrooms can be deadly so I don't collect only the ones I have no question an. I would love to get morels but that would be to physically demanding. Have a good one.
Mchamby

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dimes from 64 are silver.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread