image.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 40

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough call without any marks and no label. This one, with a somewhat different shape is said by the seller to be French and from the 1980s:

Bottle.jpg

The seller doesn't know what it held, but my bet would be an armagnac or cognac. Note that this is a 10 inch bottle. You didn't give a size for yours but, if that's a sheet of kitchen roll it's sitting on, it looks substantially smaller. It could have been a 'souvenir' bottle containing a double measure of spirit or liqueur but I have also seen small novelty bottles in shapes like that containing 'cocktail flavourings' such as Angostura bitters.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tough call without any marks and no label. This one, with a somewhat different shape is said by the seller to be French and from the 1980s:

View attachment 2056906

The seller doesn't know what it held, but my bet would be an armagnac or cognac. Note that this is a 10 inch bottle. You didn't give a size for yours but, if that's a sheet of kitchen roll it's sitting on, it looks substantially smaller. It could have been a 'souvenir' bottle containing a double measure of spirit or liqueur but I have also seen small novelty bottles in shapes like that containing 'cocktail flavourings' such as Angostura bitters.
Good eye on the kitchen roll.
We know it as paper towel.
We have mini bottles of liquor sold at the Gov't outlet.
Wondering if could be the same.
Or a sampler size.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this bottle at a thrift shop, thought it was odd shaped and different, no clue on this one
Very interesting form....
Not a bedside urinal,
perhaps altered from a fire...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread