What's new

✅ SOLVED odd shaped rocks?

namestoshk

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Every time I've gone panning in the river, I've come across rocks with an odd shape cut into them. Usually a perfect looking L. These were always found about a foot or so under a huge boulder etc. Has anyone else come across these also? Or has an idea about what they actually are?
 
Upvote 0
20130727_140346.webp heres a few
 
20130729_050235.webp this one in particular I've found a ton of. I've been assembling them and they form tiny wheel things, msybe beads? Kinda big tho I think but maybe?
 

Attachments

  • 20130729_050221.webp
    20130729_050221.webp
    224.6 KB · Views: 131
Sorry just Geo-facts. Natural rocks that look like they should be something but are not. Thanks for checking though. Kinda like fools gold :)
 
Ok so the L shaped cut out ones just naturally are like that? Cause thats kinda cool. I find a good handful in my take home bucket each time. Guess now I can toss em! My husband will be happy haha
 
Ok so the L shaped cut out ones just naturally are like that? Cause thats kinda cool. I find a good handful in my take home bucket each time. Guess now I can toss em! My husband will be happy haha

Likely imho, the L shape started with a nick out of the edge of the stone. Then it was worn down, into the L form you see now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom