Odd vintage photo from TS.

DomAdd

May 26, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this picture up the other day because it caught my eye. Oddest picture i've seen in some time. It appears to be a woman, blindfolded, chained to a chair or something? It seems to be a real picture, but not positive. There are nails that are driven into the back of the frame, keeping the backing on it. It also has a sticker that reads "Marshall Field & Company", with some hand written text under it. I think its dated 1-6-01. Anyways, if anyone has ever seen anything like it and knows anything about it, please let me know!! Thanks all.

Aug315 054.JPGAug315 055.JPGAug315 056.JPGAug315 058.JPGAug315 057.JPGAug315 059.JPG

Thanks Digging. I did find out that much, but its the actual picture that has me stumped. Just seems like a very weird picture for that era, hell, its odd for right now lol.

I think it is supposed to be Mercy or Justice, personified. Typically Justice is depicted as a woman, blindfolded- so I am certain that is what it pertains to - and the round shape under her likely is to symbolize the world. I think the 1.601 is a lot number, from the look it could be WW1 related? As a piece of art or political poster?

Nice ID Dig. I would say it is a faded print of that painting though, not a photo. If it is a photo, the photographer matched the original painting with amazing detail.

Last edited:
I knew I had seen this before,but couldn't recall what it was named. Around here,when I do go to the GoodWill or thrift store,even with the fleamarket,I don't always find things like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back