• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 551

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks like some kind of an animal call thingy! like a turkey or MOOSE!

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was made to slide onto something??? Maybe a homemade what is it ??? Can't be a hog caller...Suey usually works for them! Kinda looks like somethings missing that might have fit inside....????

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am almost sold on the hand made game call.....not sure what kind of game though....give it a whirl and llet us know what it sounds like!!! there are scratches inside like ,na turkey calls usually had a slate that you scrape....MAKE A NOISE Mojjax! ;)

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post this side Mojjax? And you should put something on that callus on the hand!!!

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Might part of what used to be a guage of some type?? The one listed below is thought to made by Stanley Tools.

I dunno... just a guess, I realize there are many differences.

Attachments

• wood brass guage.jpg
    wood brass guage.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
probably not, but it looks a lot like those insense burners you can get at the mall....where the smoke slowly seeps out of the holes. Just a thought. Imagine if someone was just tooling around making something crazy looking....and then you found it. It could happen. Good luck!

If you don't find out what it is it would make a cool insense burner!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some more pictures . It could be some type of call - maybe it just didn't get finished .
Sorry about the callus Michelle , I'll put some WD-40 on it .

mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D :D that will work. :D...Now I see where it could even be a homemade Bazooka of some kind....that round nub thing on the side would be the mouthpiece while your hands covered the ends....try it and see! Also you know what, there may have been a very thin slide piece of wood that slid across the top to cover the holes for different sound effects.....POSSIBILITY

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name of it Could be the Barn Hoedown Bazooka! A real Rockin' Place! :D :D I guess so!

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be, but homemade...I was raised by a carpenter have lived with a carpenter for 16+ yrs. and have seen it all as far as hand tools old/and most new ones...never have I seen a dove tail template like this one...seems it wouldn't suit the purpose. I could be wrong! Make a Noise Mojjax! ;) :)

Upvote 0

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
if it were a game call how would you block off all those square holes they would be round man ive seen many a game call even by native americans and never seen this one

when u look at it from the top reminds me of a 3 hole lose leaf puncher (I know its not)

wait how about the Ron Popeel meat tenderizer/injector/shreader/roaster ----------- Only 4 easy payments of 39.95 and if you order now we'll throw in the ginsu knife assortment and drop one of the payments thats a savings of over 180.00
and if u tell a friend about it we'll send u an electric dishwasher (sponge with electric cord attached)
still not good enough???? how about for you PARtay people a 4QT grain scoop for your next coke party?

Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooden harmonica. BUT on the other hand it could be as stated earlier part of an early wood working tool..Gee, I'm getting a headache!

Attachments

• 1pigflygif[1].gif
    1pigflygif[1].gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Old post. I found it while searching for something. Are you sure its not cedar? I dont understand the holes but it resembles a cedar box turkey call. It may be a very cool one with holes for sound. :dontknow: Mine comes with chalk and a striker which are stored inside and corked.

Attachments

• turkey call tom gaskins cedar box.jpg
    turkey call tom gaskins cedar box.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 758
  • turkey call tom gaskins end.jpg
    turkey call tom gaskins end.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 774
  • turkey call tom gaskins chalk and striker.jpg
    turkey call tom gaskins chalk and striker.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 886
Upvote 0

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big it was strange to see the Tom Gaskins T call come up , Tom was a good friend of mine who I sold a lot of ceder and drift wood too, He had the cypress tree museum on 27 in palmdale now gone like many old F.L. attractions.

Jonnie

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
baywalker said:
Big it was strange to see the Tom Gaskins T call come up , Tom was a good friend of mine who I sold a lot of ceder and drift wood too, He had the cypress tree museum on 27 in palmdale now gone like many old F.L. attractions.

Jonnie
I picked it up from him in Palmdale back in the late 70's. His son sold it to me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread