What's new

Oddly natural stone or native indian artifact?

stringplucker

Jr. Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
97
Reaction score
102
Golden Thread
0
Location
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend found this in a creek as we explored his new property. It looks like a cool rock no matter what but considering it's sandstone I would say natural but I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff. It's 4 sided and about 10" long. I thought I would check here before I wrote it off. Found in Brunswick County,Va............................................................ Resized_20190502_200210.webp Resized_20190502_200129.webp Resized_20190502_200143.webp Resized_20190502_200154.webp
 
Upvote 0
Odd looking for sure but I think natural as well , what’s in the middle of the groove ? String / rope ? Do people hunt ducks or geese There it could be a weight for a decoy iv found that people use some odd times when it comes to that ... I found a few after a storm in a cove with a snap on wrenches dangling under them as weights ..... 🤦🏻*♂️
 
It's actually 2 grooves side by side going all the way around. I like the weight theory but not settled on anything just yet.
 
natural, were it man made it would not have the waves in it. if someone took the time to shape it, it would have more regular lines to it.
 
There are more artifacts than tools, no clue what you’d do with that but
I bet it had a purpose. Either way I’d have taken home to play with and try to figure out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom