Ode to vinegar

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Just a random thought.. electrolysis not going so well for Me. Been soaking a couple harness rings in distilled white vinegar for a few days plus a little chipping in between. Coming out great. Now.. the same chemical can be used to clean countertops, bathrooms, wash clothes but also…….make Italian dressing, meat Marinades of all sorts, salt and vinegar/potato chips. How versatile does it get!

Just a random thought.. electrolysis not going so well for Me. Been soaking a couple harness rings in distilled white vinegar for a few days plus a little chipping in between. Coming out great. Now.. the same chemical can be used to clean countertops, bathrooms, wash clothes but also…….make Italian dressing, meat Marinades of all sorts, salt and vinegar/potato chips. How versatile does it get!
Agreed. I was using electrolysis for a while, but it just got to be too much of a pain. Its so much easier to just soak things in vinegar for a week.

I do both. Sometimes vinegar works better for me too. A properly balanced electrolysis tank does a good job. They have to be cleaned, water changed, etc.

Agreed. I was using electrolysis for a while, but it just got to be too much of a pain. Its so much easier to just soak things in vinegar for a week.
Yes, I find that it gets the bulk of the rust off, but for the most part a thin layer remains. I don’t expect however to get them perfectly clean. Not sure if anyone has a solution to this

Yes, I find that it gets the bulk of the rust off, but for the most part a thin layer remains. I don’t expect however to get them perfectly clean. Not sure if anyone has a solution to this
One can buy a cleaning vinegar that is stronger.
Apple cider vinegar works well.
Have seen even a molasses treatment for tin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back