Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The EEZ of Cyprus and Lebanon abut. The site is not in international waters, and the theory that the shipwreck was exactly on the line, and therefore in international waters is laughable. .

Don't you mean news from Yahoo Message Board ? Pure speculation by a short seller.
That is not where the information is from, it is from the press. Read the pipeline articles on the issue.

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not where the information is from, it is from the press. Read the pipeline articles on the issue.

No wonder you are a mind of miss information if you read or believe anything written by that twerp.

"A Lebanese expert has been called to Cyprus" is
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]completely different to "[/FONT]the Lebanese Authorities requested the seizure"

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twerp... lol
I have not heard that word in a long while.
It was refreshing... heh

AUVnav

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you obviously did not read TekLord's link...
Yes, I did. The simple fact that the author thinks that a project exactly on the line is international waters, and therefore the OE will be a test case puts the rest of the unfounded assumptions in context.

Should you have taken the time to READ the pipeline, you would have noticed embedded links to Cyprus sources which state the Lebanese authorities asked the Cypriots to intervene.

Twerp... lol
I have not heard that word in a long while.
It was refreshing... heh

Yes, I have not heard this since the 4th grade. I can understand why you would find that refreshing, taking you back a few years...

Places the OP appropriately as well.

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should you have taken the time to READ the pipeline, you would have noticed embedded links to Cyprus sources which state the Lebanese authorities asked the Cypriots to intervene.

Can you please put up the link you are on about as my computer blocks the Pipeline as trash.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Yes, I have not heard this since the 4th grade. I can understand why you would find that refreshing, taking you back a few years...
Places the OP appropriately as well. "

Um... This is a word my deceased too early father used from time to time.
This IS why it made me smile.
And yes... I was probably in the 4th grade when I first heard it.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conceptualized Netherlander, keep politics out of thread.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your weren't pointing out history, you said "today.".

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nav

Still waiting for the link that says the "Lebanese Government requested" the seizure of the vessel as you stated above and confirmed in this statement "Should you have taken the time to READ the pipeline, you would have noticed embedded links to Cyprus sources which state the Lebanese authorities asked the Cypriots to intervene"

The link you just sent says "Acting on information provided anonymously to both the Transport and Foreign Ministries of the Cypriot authorities, police on Wednesday secured a seizure warrant for the cargo of the ‘Odyssey Explorer’,"

And the link Alexandre posted states: an expert from Lebanon has been invited and is expected to arrive"

Now just admit that you just repeated crap you read (or posted) on Yahoo Message Board and not in any embedded links in the trash ridden site The Pipeline.

We all know the Cypriot government has asked Lebanon if they want to come and see the artefacts, but that is not the same as Lebanon requesting the seizure of the ship in a foreign port.

I would leave research to others as you are obviously not very good at it.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on VOC, You know as well as the rest of us that he and his buddies are here only to trash people who spend their own money to treasure hunt within the legal framework. They are your typical gov't fed arhies who want to sit back and let real history rot in the ocean while stealing all the gold and silver from those who do the real work.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jolly Mon, please post by our rules, no insults and or name calling.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But before accusing, we should find out and show where were taken these cultural assets.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Many people have accused Odyssey of many things but stupidity has never been one of them.

I for one cannot see why "if" they were doing something illegal they didn't " get out of dodge" as soon as possible.

That vessel has a huge range and would still be steaming West if it had pillaged artifacts on it?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread