Off to the bank with my Clad from this summer

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took all my clad coins to the bank today to cash them in from this summer coin hunting with my ACE 250
Total was 1945 Pennies 175 Nickels 577 Dimes and 346 Quarters Total of $172.40 Kept all my silver and Indian Head Pennies for my collection . Was one of my better years in clad, as being out of commission for a few weeks in May , due to being in the hospital .
Hope next year will be just as good. Here are a few pics before taking them to the bank.. Shane

Attachments

• Penneys 2012.JPG
    Penneys 2012.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Quarters Dimes Nickels 2012.JPG
    Quarters Dimes Nickels 2012.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 94

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you do with all of the old zinc pennies that are corroded and have holes eaten in them? Will the banks accept these? How did you get everything so clean looking?

Over all, nice score for the year! I have a decent sized pile of change to cash in later this year. I am debating on trashing the real bad zinc pennies, but cashing in the ones with minor flaking of the plating and holes from corrosion.

OP
OP
shane41

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a rock tumbler that I clean all the really dirty coins in.. A few pennies that are really bad or bent I just throw in a can. This time the coin counter rejected 35 pennies that were pretty well pitted out of the 1945 pennies in the pile..But the bank teller guy was nice enough that he took them and put them to the side and gave me 35 cents in change back.. Have been kind of lucky with the pennies I dig up not to many have been that bad as to not try to take them to the bank.. I guess it was my lucky day that the bank teller took all of them.. Was a good year, I am hoping that maybe I can still get out one or two times before the snow comes or the ground freezes here.. Good Hunting

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Find a tot-lot you're never going back to & broadcast them like grass seed...So the next guy will have something to dig!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Haul....I just dropped my in the Coinstar this morning...No Fee for AMAZON Gift Card...which was great, considering i just bought my Kids all their Christmas Gifts with it....And I used to clean mine with a rock tumbler, and it takes so damn long....but this last time, i put them in a 5 gallon bucket, and with some dishsoup and boiling water...i let them soak for 20 mins...drained and rinsed them off..and let them dry of course...but NONE of them were Rejected.....Just letting you know..might save some time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread