Officers Belt Buckle from Napoleons Artillery - The Boys with the Big Guns

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Officers Belt Buckle from Napoleons Cannon Artillery - The Boys with the Big Guns

Hi Guys, havent been around so much lately because i had a lot to do but i just had to drop by to share my Artillery Belt Buckle from an Officer of Napoleons Revolutionary Army! Im so in Love with It! :hello2: :headbang: :hello2:

Artillery 3.jpg
Artillery 2.jpg
Artillery 1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What a wonderful relic .. I love it, too! .. :thumbsup: .. Can you share the story of finding it with us?

garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!

Sent from my ZTE-SKATE using TreasureNet

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Kool Find! Hogge

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find !

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... where did you find it ?

Hi Guys, glad you like it! It was found in France near the border to germany. It´s one of Areas i´ve been visiting for months but it still produces a few good things every now and then. The place has so much history that i find stuff from every century. Romans, ww1, ww2, Napoleon, you name it. But honestly, i did not expect to find something like that there. Didnt find one single musket ball anywhere near the place i found it and most of the things were not really related to Napoleons Revolutionary Army. So yeah, was getting a huge signale directly beside the path and just flipped around the top layer of grass and had this beauty looking at me. It was only a few centimeters below the soil and made my face smile like the Joker in Batman. Pretty sure thats one of my best finds so far. Havent seen one like it anywhere on the Internet and am still amazed about it. :) bye GA

DanKnug

Jun 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stunning find GA. Are you drinking any Alsatian wine over there?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is stupendous!!!!!Yikes,incredible find,and has suffered some major trauma

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats a great find to come back to T-Net! You just never know what turns up next! Congrats, cool find! Makes me want to detect a local battlefield....

OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats a great find to come back to T-Net! You just never know what turns up next! Congrats, cool find! Makes me want to detect a local battlefield....

Hi Westfront, very nice to see you! Yeah, very oftenly you find the best things directly outside the door. Cant tell you how often i was at that place already because its so close but still get a hit from time to time. On one of the fields in the neighboorhood i also found a cannonball so i guess it was definately an important battlefield. Maybe i can find something in the local Archive.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
AMAZING! :blob5: :occasion18: :occasion16: In between the times of your superb finds like this, you could show us some of your lessor finds also -- they'd all probably be a lot older than what I'm digging up so far! HAVE FUN! Andi

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Westfront, very nice to see you! Yeah, very oftenly you find the best things directly outside the door. Cant tell you how often i was at that place already because its so close but still get a hit from time to time. On one of the fields in the neighboorhood i also found a cannonball so i guess it was definately an important battlefield. Maybe i can find something in the local Archive.

There are so many skirmish sites in the western part of germany, you probably need to look at the church chronicle to get informations. Also a practice training site is possible.

OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING! :blob5: :occasion18: :occasion16: In between the times of your superb finds like this, you could show us some of your lessor finds also -- they'd all probably be a lot older than what I'm digging up so far! HAVE FUN! Andi

Thank you very much and Will do! Had to take a break from posting recently because times are very busy right now but have a lot of thing to show from the more normal days as well! :) bye GA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread