1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something I found on another site----

Official Tesoro Metal Detectors Company Release
Posted by: TesoroMD
Date: March 07, 2013 12:37PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nathan Jaeger, I'm the Production Manager here at Tesoro. I'm now also handling the Operations side of the company as well as the Marketing. I'm here today to let everyone know we are not going under, we are not getting bought out, and are not filing bankruptcy. We have had some changes to our personel and are moving forward. We are also working parts developement for the Golden UMax, as well as ongoing new product developements. We would everyone to understand that Mr. Robert Martensen is no longer with the company, and does not speak for Tesoro Electronics. I will answer as many questions I can without releasing trade secrets in order to better keep our customers updated on new company developements.

Thank you and Good Hunting,
Nathan Jaeger
Tesoro Electronics

Nathan Jaeger
Production Manager
Tesoro Electronics

Last edited:

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wasn't worried, but that's great to hear!

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
Glad to hear this.The internet can be useful but also can spread alot of BS to boot.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is something I found on another site----

Posted by: TesoroMD
Date: March 07, 2013 12:37PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nathan Jaeger, I'm the Production Manager here at Tesoro. I'm now also handling the Operations side of the company as well as the Marketing. I'm here today to let everyone know we are not going under, we are not getting bought out, and are not filing bankruptcy. We have had some changes to our personel and are moving forward. We are also working parts developement for the Golden UMax, as well as ongoing new product developements. We would everyone to understand that Mr. Robert Martensen is no longer with the company, and does not speak for Tesoro Electronics. I will answer as many questions I can without releasing trade secrets in order to better keep our customers updated on new company developements.

Thank you and Good Hunting,
Nathan Jaeger
Tesoro Electronics

Nathan Jaeger
Production Manager
Tesoro Electronics

What happened to Robert? He was the most awesome Guy with the best customer service skills I have delt with in my life!! So disappointed! Get him back!!
So calling you guys tomorrow!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You would think that Alcave or Terry would give us some info here ............. According to that Robert was he let go ? .... He can not talk about tesoro from now on.......And who is this guy Nathan i never heard of him before???????

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...... are also working parts developement for the Golden UMax, as well as ongoing
new product developements. We would everyone to understand
that Mr. Robert Martensen....

Hard to imagine that any company would send out a press release
with so many obvious typo's and misspellings, not to mention that
there's an entire word missing.

It only takes an extra minute or two to have an admin. assistant look it over
for punctuation, spelling, etc., and ANY mid-level manager on-up should
absolutely know this.

Or.....do people just not care about such things anymore? When I started working
in an office, if anyone had wanted to send out a press release like that then they had
best get it right before it's sent. If the boss got a copy of a mess like Mr. Jaeger has
published (and they always would), he'd have them on the carpet (and praying for mercy)
in a matter of nano-seconds..
no-216.gif

The "visit" would typically end with "One more
warning1.gif
and you'll be working for someone
else next week!

Last edited:

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your point Dizzy Digger? I doubt Mr. Jaeger even has an "admin. assistant" and he was responding via email which is not formal communications even though it is formatted in this case to look like a memo, etc. This guy now has two big responsibilities, I, for one, don't really think his manager gives a rat's behind that he missed a word. Coffee Break!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is your point Dizzy Digger? I doubt Mr. Jaeger even has an "admin. assistant" and he was responding via email which is not formal communications even though it is formatted in this case to look like a memo, etc. This guy now has two big responsibilities, I, for one, don't really think his manager gives a rat's behind that he missed a word. Coffee Break!

Well, I guess you answered my question..lol

BTW, when I see this:
................ it tends to lead one to believe that this is a formal Press Release from Tesoro
Electronics. A company that size would surely have a front office staff of some type,
and yes, errors to still get published, however it's clear this "release" was never even spell
checked.

As for the news, it is good to hear that the company is going to continue building
good machines. Never owned a Tesoro, but never heard a word spoke negatively
about one of their machines. My comment wasn't so much directed at the company
itself, but more on the issue of "does anyone even care anymore?".

Guess I'm a bit more "old school" than I thought!
moose.gif

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much worrying. My Golden uMax is still on back-order along with my Vaquero but I will be receiving my Outlaw in the morning.
Just one more for my collection. Gotta' love it.

HH All,
DTG

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to imagine that any company would send out a press release
with so many obvious typo's and misspellings, not to mention that
there's an entire word missing.

It only takes an extra minute or two to have an admin. assistant look it over
for punctuation, spelling, etc., and ANY mid-level manager on-up should
absolutely know this.

Or.....do people just not care about such things anymore? When I started working
in an office, if anyone had wanted to send out a press release like that then they had
best get it right before it's sent. If the boss got a copy of a mess like Mr. Jaeger has
published (and they always would), he'd have them on the carpet (and praying for mercy)
in a matter of nano-seconds..
no-216.gif

The "visit" would typically end with "One more
warning1.gif
and you'll be working for someone
else next week!

I thought the same thing. However, we don't know that this was cut and pasted here. Perhaps the spelling/typing mistakes were made by the OP when he copied it. Or perhaps someone else retyped it first on the other site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread