What's new

OH NO! I didnt!

mumszie

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
123
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spring Hill, Florida
OH NO! I didn't!

This morning I had an errand far south of me. About 2 hours south. I had to cross the Skyway bridge but it was an early appointment so I thought... great! I will go back over the bridge and hunt a couple of beaches that I don't normally get to go to. It was a beautiful morning. The water was georgous. Almost calm, very clear and just downright perfect. I got in and started hunting. I hunted the first beach for a little over two hours and never got one hit! NOT ONE! I thought well something has to be wrong so I threw in some of the coins I carry with me to practice with. I had no trouble finding everything I threw in. I even closed my eyes when I threw a couple of them so I couldn't see where they were going. I just knew they were somewhere out in front of me. I found them - no problem. Sooooo it isn't my machine and it isn't the operator. It must be that there just plain wasn't anything there to be found. Unbelieveable! I decided to head for another beach. Where????? Oh no, I didn't go ..... there. Yes, I did. I stopped at Clearwater Beach. My gosh that place was jammed with people. I had a heck of a time finding a parking place but I managed. I thought well.... with so many people there I'm bound to find something. I mean as many times as I've been there and not found anything.... the odds are that eventually I will find something! I got in the water by the stone jetty and walked between my waist and upper chest in the water all the way down to the pier. Nothing! Not one hit! This can't be! It just can not be! I started back the other way. This time I was between my knees and waist deep in the water working my way around people as I went. Sometimes answering the same old questions and sometimes acting like I just couldn't hear. "Did you find anything?, What are you doing?, Did you find my diamond ring?" **sigh**

THEN all of a sudden I got a hit! Yeah baby, my first hit of the day! A bobby pin. **sigh** A little farther on... another hit. This time it was a hair clip. **another sigh** I saw a pod of dolphins playing to my right and the people were all watching them too. Another hit.... **another bobby pin** RATS! Almost back to where I started in the water and it was getting late (for me) I knew I had to start for home soon. A HIT! This time it wasn't a bobby pin or a hair clip. It was a silver spoon lure with a hook. Well... darn! It WAS CLEARWATER BEACH! I never find anything there so what did I expect? Whoops.... another hit. This time it was something that looked pretty darn good in the scoop but.... alas it was just a piece of junk. I think it is just something that was attached to a bathing suit, some kind of decoration. Ah well. I did finally get some hits so I guess my next big project is to learn WHERE to hunt! Here is my big find of the day. It looks like it's full of diamonds. Sure did sparkle in my scoop! Ah well...... maybe next time. :wink:

Thing061211.jpg

I know you gng's are getting might tired of my tales of woe. But it should make you feel better that I'm not finding anything so the stuff is still out there for you to find. Happy hunting to you all! :wink:
 
Upvote 0
i think u drove to va beach last night

or at least it sounds like u did...... :icon_pirat:
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Very nice story Mumszie, even if you didn't find anything good. :thumbsup:
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

oh , yes you did. :D ::)
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Good story! I like the play by play. I was at Clearwater Beach 3 weeks ago sunday morning and there were at least 8 or 10 hunters in the water. Another half a dozen or more on the beach. Everything I got(clad) was nice and fresh like it had only been there a day. I'm trying to find some other beaches to hunt as well.

HH

Aaron
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Always good to get a womens point of view on the subject of water detecting....Not many ladies of the water, and I would rather read your stories then listen to my Gf tell me about her day at work...So keep us poor guys dreaming of a women that wants to drive 2 hours to the beach..what I would give
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Well, look at it this way.

You don't have to wonder about what you're missing at that first beach.

You can mark that one off the list.

Last week I hunted a beach further South than I usually go. 7 hours and a whopping 9 coins :laughing9: I marked that one off the list.

You'll get 'em next time :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

It's been pee poor for a number of days Mums - It's not just you. Looks like ya got an earring --- Check it close, as I think I see 925 stamped in the middle of it.
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Mumszie, I don't think anyone here gets tired of your tales. You got in the water and had fun. You also took a hook out of the water that easily could have ruined someone's day. I say you had a good day. I think I speak for the majority of this community when I say "Keep the posts coming".
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

Keep the detector swinging, you never know what the next target might be.
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

I'm with MIKE and OBN on this one keep your stories coming :thumbsup:. It's slow here too. Things are going to turn around and the stars are going to line up. Then you'll be unstopable. What I would give to see dolphines playing all I see are little fish jumping and canuck honkers lol.
GL & HH drewan
 
Re: OH NO! I didn't!

I was there also last week and got the same, and i also went to another beach and nothing also either we have to many hunters or the sand is covering it, keep on swinging.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom