What's new

Ohio Clovis

Charl

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
3,091
Reaction score
4,794
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is one of my favorite Clovis points. It was papered by Perino in 2002 as a medium size Clovis with resharpenings and made of Flint Ridge. It's 2 1/4" long and found in Clermont Co., Ohio. This is one of those points I like to just sit with and hold now and then, a sure sign I'm partial to it:thumbsup:

Ohio Paleo 007.webp
Ohio Paleo 011.webp
Ohio Clovis 004.webp
Ohio Paleo 010.webp
Ohio Clovis 003.webp
 
Upvote 0
What a beauty Charl..... I completely understand why you like holding that one. I love the fluting on it, very deep and runs the length of the blade. Nice Flint Ridge too....do not really see that color to often. Almost looks like Carter Cave.................Very nice man!!!!...............................GTP(Chris)
 
What a beauty Charl..... I completely understand why you like holding that one. I love the fluting on it, very deep and runs the length of the blade. Nice Flint Ridge too....do not really see that color to often. Almost looks like Carter Cave.................Very nice man!!!!...............................GTP(Chris)

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, the flute is what sold me on this one!

off the chain!

Wow wow wow......wow!

Thanks guys!
 
That is a real nice example. I love seeing it!
 
That is beautiful. To think to have found it and then have it papered by Perino . It does not get much better than that. Very nice!
 
That is a real nice example. I love seeing it!

Thanks, IlliniGuy!

That is beautiful. To think to have found it and then have it papered by Perino . It does not get much better than that. Very nice!

Thanks, Tnmountains, but I was not the finder. Thus far, only in my wildest dreams!
 
Last edited:
wow just couldnt breath for a sec, congrats man
 
That is truly special Charl.
 
Wow I dont know if I have ever seen one that perfect. That was a great buy on your part. They dont lose their value.
 
I would think anything papered by Perino would be pretty neat. I am not sure but think Neaderthal met him or knew him. The guy is a legend. So is your artifact.
 
Nice relic...
 
I would think anything papered by Perino would be pretty neat. I am not sure but think Neaderthal met him or knew him. The guy is a legend. So is your artifact.

Thanks so much, Tnmountains. It's one point I've never regretted buying. As for Perino, well, they say he was the best and he's the only authenticator I know of whose COA's have been faked by dishonest dealers, which says something about the very high opinion collectors have for his opinion.

Thanks everybody for your very kind words! I appreciate it very much.
 
I'm humbled by the response of folks here to this fluted point. Until now, I hadn't shown it to many people and it's nice to know folks like it. Thanks! I want to add 3 more photos for the record; I'm practicing my photography of artifacts in part, it's pretty enjoyable. Anyway, the first photo is to show the edgework better and the last 2 are using flash.

Fluted Points 001.webp
Ohio Fluted Point 002.webp
Ohio Fluted Point 003.webp
 
Wow. I just got on and saw that one. That is so beautiful is was nice of you to show it. I am a knapper and cannot imagine how they struck those flutes without breaking the piece. And before they were fluted they were beautifully and carefully pressure flakes.

Thanks a lot. Just seeing it makes me happy. I have a gorgeous Clovis from there. What finds are there fir dedicated hunters.My family lives in Youngstown. I have hunted around there and on urban sites anytime I would visit. They think I am nuts.
 
Truly amazing artifact! You should put that one in your avatar so we can see it all the time.
 
yeah thats sweet....looks like they struck 2 different flute strikes on that one...I wonder...is that rare
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom