Ohio Dig Finds

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best finds after around 5 hours digging Saturday. The Hopewell point is 2 inches for size. The claw could be cat. Couple of beads. The ground is really dry. And I am waiting for the winter moisture. Thanks for viewing!!!

Attachments

• jack 042.jpg
    jack 042.jpg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0
Nice. Bone is in excellent condition. Great pieces all of them. Hopefully you will get some rain and make the digging easier. Good luck you are on a good spot. Sifting I guess?

Keith, great looking finds. The curved piece looks like it could be a Muskrat Tooth. I find a lot of them on Ft Ancient sites. I'm pretty sure they used them as Flakers.

The curved piece has a flat surface on the other side. It also is hollow. I have no idea what it is GR. I used to trap muskrats. But that was a long time ago. Thanks for the replies! HH

Here is a better picture of the curved piece. It is worn on the tip but most likely by the animal.

Attachments

• jack 053.jpg
    jack 053.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 104
That is some damn good pieces nice finds!!!!

Great dig finds!
What county are you in?

I never find any bone here in Stark, I think the soil is too acidic for it to preserve well.

I am located in Adams Co. right along the Ohio River Buckleberry. Thanks for the replies guys. HH

Nice dig finds...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back