What's new

Ohiodigman

ohiodigman

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2013
Messages
50
Reaction score
67
Golden Thread
0
Any ideas on this? I'm thinking possible some kind of tooth? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481127718.606389.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481127742.636723.webp
 
Rock. Sorry.
 
What you have there is a piece of igneous rock that shows darker mafic (iron /magnesium containing) and lighter felsic (quartz/feldspar) layers or sections that formed when (usually) the lighter colored rock intruded into cracks in the darker colored rock when the area that came from was formed (molten).

FelsicVeinsinGabbro.jpg
 
Ok, thanks so much, holding onto that forever thinking it might be something else haha
 
I have a couple pieces on my back deck as "weather rocks" The dark gets almost black when wet and I can tell on those iffy days if it is raining. Striped rocks are lucky. ;-)
 
cool rock :icon_thumleft:

thanks for posting !

Maybe Next one
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom