Ok, first find since here but a bit lame.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
No secret, iv hugely downscaled recently due to my back issues. But im not giving up.
My machine now to what iv used may be considered toy like but I had one yrs ago and know it punches above its weight.
Was really a try, myself today since I got it a few weeks ago. Still crazy hot where I am. Im happy how it cruised over where I took it. An old gold town area. Very hot ground. All targets seemed consistent with my memories of when I had a Terra705 new. I trust it here 100%
Dug some iffs to be sure but I really didn't need to, was just reassurance.
Id hammered it before coin relic wise with a 70, 705 and Equinox 800. So anything positive signal wise, numbers and sound, I was happy to hear.
3 hrs in 33c heat getting bitten by our March Flies was enough.
No great finds, an old 22 short shell and an old late 1800s to 1920s Aussie made 38 shell by CAC.
Best was how smooth it went there in heavy mineralised ground. This 705 I got of our Gumtree site.
Was one of the last 705s, brand new, never used, all still in the plastic the coils everything never touched, lady got it just before covid 2 yrs ago with Xtra 6" coil to go on an around OZ trip.
Love it.
Dont laugh at the finds, im sure ill get something better. Sweet little machine. 👍
Where I was. Ironbark tree country, very mineralised. The 705 really does handle this heavily mineralised ground in OZ exceptionally well with the 10" eliptical DD.
IMG_20220222_151200_443~2.jpg

Ok, no great finds. But to me I was very happy how it handled the area. I double checked things I recalled as no good and it was correct each time. The two shells were right next to rubbish iron, good solid signals. Dug them both up along with iron. Solid no iffs.
IMG_20220222_150955_984~2.jpg

Remember, don't laugh!
Ok laugh they're nothing really. 😆

Upvote 14

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first finds were a handful of shotgun shell endcaps on my parents property, I hammered the area because I thought they were neat and pulled out dozens of them. After I cleared out all the trash I found a mercury dime right there. I imagine a guy out shooting and pulling shells out of their pocket and not noticing a merc fell out too. If people were there they lost stuff keep looking and good luck!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No secret, iv hugely downscaled recently due to my back issues. But im not giving up.
My machine now to what iv used may be considered toy like but I had one yrs ago and know it punches above its weight.
Was really a try, myself today since I got it a few weeks ago. Still crazy hot where I am. Im happy how it cruised over where I took it. An old gold town area. Very hot ground. All targets seemed consistent with my memories of when I had a Terra705 new. I trust it here 100%
Id hammered it before coin relic wise with a 70, 705 and Equinox 800. So anything positive signal wise, numbers and sound, I was happy to hear.
No great finds, an old 22 short shell and an old late 1800s to 1920s Aussie made 38 shell by CAC.
Best was how smooth it went there in heavy mineralised ground. This 705 I got of our Gumtree site.
Was one of the last 705s, brand new, never used, all still in the plastic the coils everything never touched, lady got it just before covid 2 yrs ago with Xtra 6" coil to go on an around OZ trip.
Love it.
Dont laugh at the finds, im sure ill get something better. Sweet little machine. 👍
Where I was. Ironbark tree country, very mineralised. The 705 really does handle this heavily mineralised ground in OZ exceptionally well with the 10" eliptical DD.
View attachment 2012038
Ok, no great finds. But to me I was very happy how it handled the area. I double checked things I recalled as no good and it was correct each time. The two shells were right next to rubbish iron, good solid signals. Dug them both up along with iron. Solid no iffs.
View attachment 2012039
Remember, don't laugh!
Not laughing, but smiling....! :icon_thumright:
You see, that's the kind of old stuff that I find all the time...!
Get an i.d. on that cartridge case, for the date, and that (percussion cap?) says you're in the right area...!
Keep digging...!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it.
View attachment 2012038
View attachment 2012039
Remember, don't laugh!
Ok laugh they're nothing really. Nice!!! Congrats
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
Better than nothing at all!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is you have found where humans have been so the possibility to find better is very good. I would check all the dried up waterways because coins could have been washed down there but I know everything else can be in there too. So it can be tedious and you are also dealing with the heat.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love it.
View attachment 2012038
View attachment 2012039
Remember, don't laugh!
better than nothing (barely), bet you had a good time though!

tomytye

Jan 16, 2022
Ct (not a lefty)
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it.
View attachment 2012038
View attachment 2012039
Remember, don't laugh!
Looks old to me. Every find is a piece of a puzzle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread