What's new

Ok, I think its safe to ASSume that its a pendant, but what is this symbol of?

lennon631

Sr. Member
Joined
May 3, 2010
Messages
425
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol of?

What the :dontknow: is this symbol. I dug this up at a school yard. As you can see it's some kind of pendant and it's stamped "silver" on the back. It's about as long as a quarter, I should have taken the photo with a coin next to it for size reference. Anyone have a clue? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • pentant.webp
    pentant.webp
    25.7 KB · Views: 349
  • backpent.webp
    backpent.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 326
  • backpentsilstmp.webp
    backpentsilstmp.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 315
Re: Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol

Maybe chinese origin. :dontknow:
I've searched and can't find your symbol
 

Attachments

  • katagana.webp
    katagana.webp
    12 KB · Views: 4,017
Upvote 0
Re: Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol of?

The double scroll motif is Celtic... maybe runes? Not really into that, so :dontknow: :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol

I appreciate the efforts here, thank you. It does look like some sort of Ruin now that you mention it. I didn't think Asian, but also a good route to take, lol, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol of?

flipped it ...hope you don't mind :)
 

Attachments

  • flip.webp
    flip.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
Re: Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol

No no, not at all, that is the way I ASSumed it should be anyway!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ok, I think it's safe to ASSume that it's a pendant, but what is this symbol of?

What I know for sure is that the double spiral is related to the yin-yang symbol, which depicts the balance and the interwoven nature of the worldly realm and the spiritual realm. It is most commonly used in Wicca as a Goddess symbol.

I know I've seen the other symbol with the two dots before, but for the life of me I can't place it right now. It is possible it represents one of the elements: fire, water, earth, or air - I'm not sure. It could also be a symbol promoting some type of good fortune: health, wealth, luck, etc.
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

It’s a ‘New Ager’ thing and the language is ostensibly a form of “Ogham script”, the earliest known form of Gaelic (also known as the Celtic tree alphabet).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogham

This company sells amulets of a similar nature and claims the characters on yours are for “Birch” and represent the birth month of November, but I think that’s just a fanciful interpretation derived from transliteration of the characters and don’t actually mean that at all as a true translation:

Ogham.webp

https://woodscelticjewellery.com/en-gb/collections/new/products/ckr15-11november
 
Upvote 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom