Let's see now....The learning curve had me wearing steel toes, checking finds under the coil wearing a watch, looking down while wearing a hat and nailing my head on the end of a kids playground 2x4, having my hat/glasses/headphones yanked off by branches, digging in my sweaty ears with grubby fingers and getting an ear infection etc. Ya, I had a few rough patches along the way.![]()

Yep, the detecting life can be a long rough journey with rewards along the way!![]()
But as you said, we do reap rewards. That same day I dug up a large silver fur trade broach from the late 1700's.My stupid moment was when I went detecting, and left my detector at home .
Was a sinking feeling when I opened the boot if my car lol

My stupid moment was when I went detecting, and left my detector at home .
Was a sinking feeling when I opened the boot if my car lol