OKIEs

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Re: OKIE's

tjcnok said:
Just registered here this morning. Don't even own a metal detector, but am interested in buying one and learning to use it properly. Leaning towards a Garrett Ace 250 From Kellycodetectors.com at this time because of all the extra stuff that comes with it and the price looks close to what I could afford to pay. All research so far looks like this detector is about right for a rank beginner with zero experiance that will have to climb the learning curve alone. I would like to see one in a store before purchase and don't have a clue where a Garrett dealer is in Tulsa.

I found this one:

The Treasure Shop
5920 W 4th Place
Tulsa, OK - 74127
Tel: 918-794-1776

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

allanw23 said:
I will call you in the morning with info on the 250. We have them in stock. Allan

Allanw,

Hi, are you Wayne's son? If so, my wife and I were in there a few months back and bought a pair of head phones from you :)
Missed your dad that day...havn't seen him since the Treasure Expo's in Fremont.
I just wanted to say hi ;D

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Tell him Tom said hello, from Ponca City. He probably won't remember me....that was a long time ago.

We were in the city yesterday, but didn't do any shopping. We will stop in and see you again some time. Take care.

Tom

tjcnok

Sep 29, 2007

Hi all. Thanks for the information about where to find the metal detector! Allen Wayne went WAY out of his way to call me and fully explain all that I needed to know about an entry level metal detector to be able to make an educated choice on a product. We are now pacing the floor waiting for the guy in the little brown delivery truck wearing brown shorts to bring me my new machine. By the way, AFTER the deal with Allen was completed, he told me he would send along some accessories with the detector at no extra charge that would make getting started easier for us. Can't get a deal like that from any great big wholesale house any place that I know of, even matched their price! Thanks Allen, you really are appreciated!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Tjcnok,

What you say is very true. I have looked at Kelleyco's products, but I have never bought from them or any other "big" company.

I did buy a Garrett Groundhog on EBay a while back...just because I have always wanted one, but the two detectors that I bought new, came from Daryl Townley.
He no longer sells detectors, so the next new one I buy will probably come from Wayne's. They are nice folks. Met his dad years ago and then met Allen a few months back.

Buying from a big dealer is like buying something at Walmart....they do not have any service after the sale.

Just my 2 cents worth...sorry.

TW

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro

I hope your machine got there today Tjcnok. I will be hunting the beaches of Playa del Carmen and Akumal for the next 2 weeks. My dad and Carl will be at the shop if you need any help. Good luck with the Ace.

tjcnok

Sep 29, 2007

Thanks Allen! Yes, the machine got here the next day, exactly as you promised. Read all the helpful lit. that came with it and got it put togather Sat. morning then spent all day with the grandkids learning how to use it. Big problem right here at our small farm is that we had a wildfire here a few years ago and our house trailer burned so we just dug a big long hole in the ground and buried what was left. Just so many hits with the detector that it is impossible to find much except for all the metal stuff that melted in the intense heat. Today, we are going to go to town and search around where the old school used to be and has since been torn down and hauled off. Hope you are enjoying your trip and have a safe and happy vacation!

slingchine

Sep 22, 2006
Logan County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
4 Garretts, a Bounty Hunter, and a hickory twig

Thanks for the greeting Timberwolf & Stoney. Sorry so long getting back been out of pocket for awhile and busy as heck. I'll see what I can find out about that place up around Marshal. Is that on the south side of the Cimmaron? Hey, Tjcnok, welcome to you, and I wish you all the luck with your new machine. I am ashamed to say that I haven't visited Waynes for several years now but always loved going in there and browsing around. Last time I was there I bought a set of ear phones myself, TW. Real nice folks. Tjcnok, you don't happen to live around Rush Springs do you? just thought maybe our wives knew each other from work. The couple we know had a trailer burn and burried in the same way you did.? just curious.....awright then....ummm...hmmm

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Hey Slingchine,

I found a pic you might like to use as your avitar ;D

TW

Attachments

• slingblade.jpg
    slingblade.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,449

slingchine

Sep 22, 2006
Logan County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
4 Garretts, a Bounty Hunter, and a hickory twig

Thanks TW, I needed that. I owe you one......................now don't that look much better?.....awright then....umm...hummm

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Yep Sling,

That looks more better.
I like them french fried tators ;D

You're welcome,

TW

tjcnok

Sep 29, 2007

Thanks for the welcome to the board Slingchine! Nope, not Rush Springs. We are way out in the country. Sort of between Stroud, Bristow, and Drumwright in Creek County.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

tjcnok said:
Thanks for the welcome to the board Slingchine! Nope, not Rush Springs. We are way out in the country. Sort of between Stroud, Bristow, and Drumwright in Creek County.

Hey Tjcnok,

Sorry, I don't think I said welcome.....so Welcome to the forum ;D
There are some really nice folks here.
If I can help you in any way, let me know. I'm an Okie too ;D

Timberwolf

tjcnok

Sep 29, 2007

Thanks for the welcome, Timberwolf! You just don't know what you may be getting yourself into by offering advice on this treasure hunting thing, LOL. The grandkids were up again this week end and we spent a pleasurable morning detecting around an old home site here at our place. There was One of those Sears & Roebuck Kit houses on this place that still had all the household furniture and even the everyday clothes were there. As far as we could determine this house was first here around 1900 or so and was last lived in around 1950. It burned up along with a small barn and other outbuildings three years ago in a pasture fire. The sand stone foundations and the well are still there, of course. We found all sorts of very interesting artifacts around the homesite. Nothing of the slightest value, but interesting stuff none the less. Especially to grade school age kids. Will be continuing with this search as time permits. Thanks again for the welcome!

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Hi Kid,

Was in your neighborhood yesterday. Had a funeral in Warner :(

TW

OkieMike

Dec 19, 2007
Moore,Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre and Cibola.

Hello to all. Just joined the forum.Live in Moore.Been here 27 yrs.I have been detecting since 1985.I had a original (I think) Tesoro Silver Sabre.I made the mistake of letting my little brother use it in Ohio to detect the shores of Lake Erie.He dropped it in the water.So now,along with some of his money,I'm going to buy a Tesoro Cibola,from Allen at Wayne's Detectors.I'm mainly a coin shooter,but have found some neat relics. I'll check back.Everyone take care.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Welcome to TNet OkieMike. My understandin is there's so much junk in Lake Erie that there was a good chance that your detector didn't even get wet. LOL
Allen will take good care of you. There's also a good club down there called Twin Territories-Allen can give you the info if you want. I think you'll like the Cibola. I bought one for my wife and she loves it. Best wishes, Merry Christmas, and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread