IMG-5615 (3).jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 17

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Angelito!

Okinawa was a terrible battle in WWII. There were many suicides amongst the population because the Japanese Army told them that we were cannibals. It
has also been used as an R&R location over the years. Some Korean war vets were "Decompressed" there at the request of Eleanor Roosevelt. The were threated daily with valium for about six months. A Vietnam vet friend told me he had gotten VD for the second time in country. The Doctor that treated him
warned him that if he got an incurable case, he'd spend the rest of his life on Okinawa. I knew vets that said that accounted for some of the MIA.

Best wishes!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go angelito,I was stationed on Okinawa for a year at Camp Courtney.Didn,t know about metal detecting then.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Angelito!

Okinawa was a terrible battle in WWII. There were many suicides amongst the population because the Japanese Army told them that we were cannibals. It
has also been used as an R&R location over the years. Some Korean war vets were "Decompressed" there at the request of Eleanor Roosevelt. The were threated daily with valium for about six months. A Vietnam vet friend told me he had gotten VD for the second time in country. The Doctor that treated him
warned him that if he got an incurable case, he'd spend the rest of his life on Okinawa. I knew vets that said that accounted for some of the MIA.

Best wishes!
The dreaded and much speculated about Black Syphilis!!! Never heard of an actual case but was warned if contracted you could never return to the U.S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread