What's new

Ol honest Abe (not a penny).

Hobojo

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
344
Reaction score
276
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ol' honest Abe (not a penny).

Found this little neat coin today.
image.webp
image.webp
Cool.
 
Upvote 24
outstanding.gif
Nice find! Thanks for sharing...
 
Wow, that is the 1918 Illinois centennial 50 cent commemorative coin and it is certainly one you will remember finding for quite some time.I have one in my collection ,but I bought mine and it was not cheap.
 
Beautiful coin in great shape. Where did you find it?
 
Very cool find...a rare bird indeed!
 
Congratz! When I got out of school and got my first real job, I bought that coin for my father.
 
That's a very nice find, and a rare bird at that. Please tell us more about the find.

Congrats.
 
This coin was not found while detecting, I wish I had found it that way. There was a recent death in my wife's family. She has had the task of clean out the belongings of her deceased father. She has found several items, some WW1 medals, stamps and coins, jewelry. This has not been a fun job for her or the rest of the family.
That being said, she is a digger, she swings a Minlab Safari and several Tesoros. She loves finding treasure!
When she found this yesterday , it was in a small box along with several small peices of jewerly, some silver JFK half's and a two dollar gold coin. She was pleased as punch! So I told her I would post it for her. These are her families last treasures and she's please to be intrusted with them and their care. She wanted to share it with the all treasure lovers out here.
Like I said I WISH I had found it digging but no such luck. Thank you for all the positive feed back it DOES bring her a smile knowing that you all appreciated it too.
Peace and HH.
 
The gold coin was a 2 and a half dollar piece
image.webp
image.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom