Old and New Find - My Grandparents WWII Era Driver License together again!!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Old and New Find - My Grandparent's WWII Era Driver License together again!!

I was organizing some family things today and came across my Grandfather's Drivers License from 1945, I immediately recognized the shape and remembered I had another one!! I had dug my Grandmother's license from her backyard after she has passed away. So I now have both of their licenses from when he was stationed in South Carolina during WWII. I cherish these sort of family items and they will be mounted and framed on the wall along with other unique family items..

Makes for a great day for me!!!

HH

MB

Attachments

• DSCN4813.JPG
    DSCN4813.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Re: Old and New Find - My Grandparent's WWII Era Driver License together again!!

That is awesome :icon_thumleft: Well done!

Re: Old and New Find - My Grandparent's WWII Era Driver License together again!!

Very cool, Monkeyboy. I feel the same way about items connected to the family. I hunted my grandfathers yard on my mom's side and dug my grandpas 1930's hunting license frame, and its one of my favorite finds.

I also hunted my grandmothers yard on my dad's side and dug several mercs and wheats. I even cleaned and put the wheats in flip folders because they were probably carried and lost by my grandparents.

MP

From the land of the Bluenose...neat and imagine carrying those in your wallet...lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back