What's new

Old Appliance Tag or Something Else?

sonnyjam

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Need some help IDing this thing. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4855.webp
    DSCF4855.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCF4856.webp
    DSCF4856.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCF4857.webp
    DSCF4857.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCF4859.webp
    DSCF4859.webp
    36 KB · Views: 297
that may be a tag from a royal typewriter
 
Upvote 0
Sniffer said:
that may be a tag from a royal typewriter

:thumbsup: Yep, good ID. It looks like the top plate to a Royal Typewriter RIBBON. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Sniffer said:
that may be a tag from a royal typewriter

:thumbsup: Yep, good ID. It looks like the top plate to a Royal Typewriter RIBBON. Breezie
You may be correct but with all due respect to a great person, its not IDed until someone produces a matching pic or link. Its not IDed by what it may be or what it looks like. ;D You know we heard that a million times here. :D royal ribbon.webp
 
Upvote 0
It doesnt seem to match the Royal logo but I did find a Royal ribbon tin with a crown. :-\
 

Attachments

  • royal typewriter.webp
    royal typewriter.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 232
  • royal ribbon tin.webp
    royal ribbon tin.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0
I'm not convinced it's related to Royal Typewriters for two reasons. First, as BCH stated, the logos don't match. The Royal emblems I've researched all have the tail on the 'R' extending in an arch under the entire word.
Second, the words 'Quality Service' which suggests work done, duty performed or an act of giving assistance or advantage to another.

On second glance I see the similarities to the blue tin in BCH's post so I may be way off on this one.

Breezie will figure it out! :icon_thumleft:
Gonna keep my eyes on this thread.
 
Upvote 0
upon further investigation, I believe this is actually the front plate from a Royal vacuum cleaner, which was
started in 1905 and became Royal appliance mfg. in 1953
 
Upvote 0
Sniffer said:
upon further investigation, I believe this is actually the front plate from a Royal vacuum cleaner, which was
started in 1905 and became Royal appliance mfg. in 1953
Bingo!!! Good call sniffer. I knew I saw that before. Its not over till its over. Another green check needed here. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99614.0.html
 

Attachments

  • royal_disk.webp
    royal_disk.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
Now, I can say: GOOD ID :thumbsup: Don't you just love this forum! BTW, at least I was in good company with Monty and the typewritter ribbon cover; lol. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Now, I can say: GOOD ID :thumbsup: Don't you just love this forum! BTW, at least I was in good company with Monty and the typewritter ribbon cover; lol. Breezie
take a quote from Monty:

I wonder why they put a belt cover on a typewriter? Wonders never cease!
M nty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom