What's new

Old Automobile Printers Plate

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
4,371
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Largo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Automobile Printer's Plate

Had this posted on Today's Finds, with some other stuff I dug yesterday.
I'm very, very, early car --deleted--. Or later day car, for that matter.
Any ideas? Model T touring car? If I had some stamp ink, I'd make a reverse copy,
might have to go get some. Thanks in advance,
Carl
 

Attachments

  • Car Plate.webp
    Car Plate.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Car Plate.webp
    Car Plate.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 228
Re: Old Automobile Printer's Plate

I'm guessing it is a late teens Ford Model T Center door. Earlier cars had squared fenders.

Note that we are looking at the driver's side, since this is a reverse image, and there is no driver's door. This was common on early cars. Nobody ever got out into the road or street as it was muddy and dangerous. So you would slide across the bench seat and get out on roadside - just like when people drove horse drawn carriages.

1919_Ford_Model_T_Center_Door_1.JPG


1919 Ford Center Door

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Old Automobile Printer's Plate

Thanks, DC, I think you nailed it. By the way, I grew up in D.C., then MD.
Of course I didn't detect back then, no, that would have been too much fun.
Still kick myself for starting this obsession so late in life.
I'll wait a bit before marking it solved, just in case, but it looks good to me.
Carl
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom