Old baking powder bottle (UPDATES)

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
I found this bottle 6 years ago on the property next to my parents house. I am using it as my avatar until I find a good coin.
I think it is late 1800s but not sure. HH,
Donny
DSC00524.JPG

Re: Old baking powder bottle

I finally found a reference to one of these being sold

Category - Bottle
Pattern or Item - Food
Description - Holman's Baking Powder, Buffalo, N.y., Light Blue Green, Tooled Mouth, 5 3/4 In.
Year (sold) - 1997
Price - $110.00

I think I will hold on to it ;D

bottle.gif

HH,
Donny

Re: Old baking powder bottle

I found info on another one here:

New Bitmap Image.JPG

HH,
Donny

Cool looking bottle. I tried internet search...nothing other than what you already found and then I went to my newspapers and NOTHING! I researched BAKING POWDER COMPANIES, HOLMANS BAKING POWDER, HOLMAN, etc. I did just New York, then I did all available papers...NOTHING...well, except one from 7 February 1957 in the Moberly Monitor-Index located in Moberly, Missouri. It was a small article about the Moberly Kiwanis Club's Annual Pancake Day and listed RAY HOLMAN as assigned to bring BAKING POWDER!!!!

Hmmmm..... :icon_scratch: ;D

This one is very elusive....good luck on further research....and hang on to that bottle if it's going for that much! WTG!

If I had to guess I'd say that yours is worth more than the one shown in that auction anyway, as it is being listed as "with original cork stopper", and your piece clearly has an original glass stopper that would have had a small piece of cork around it. Very nice bottle, and good luck with it =-]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back