Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last October's trip to Maggie Valley, we picked a "scenic route day road trip" out of a tourist's guide. Believe me, we got lost...started out on Rabbit Skin Road, take a left at the bridge, make a right on Possum Trot Road, turn right at stop sign onto Bobcat Road.

Cow Barn.jpg Old Barn 2.jpg Old Barn 3.jpg Old Shed.jpg Old House.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like #4 and #5 best. Often think of doing a calendar of old abandoned houses and barns, just never seem to get around to it.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Those sound like the directions we get when we go to Kentucky. LOL :laughing9:

I like the house.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the old barn and house pics. I would love to detect around that last house pic.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how old that log cabin you photographed is? It does look like an oldie. Recently I've been looking into my roots. My great great great grandpa Henry Jackson Brandenburg was born 1827 in Union County Indiana. He married my great great great grandma who was a Lydia Tempelton and she was also born in Union County, IN in 1833. Looking into all that I find out the Tempelton's we're some of the very first settlers in Union County Indiana and in the lawn of the Courthouse of Union county they preserved an old cabin like the one in your picture and it's called the Templeton cabin erected in 1805. I have to wonder if my ancestors may have been familiar with that old cabin in Liberty, Indiana?. https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Templeton_Log_Cabin_in_Liberty.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how old that log cabin you photographed is? It does look like an oldie. Recently I've been looking into my roots. My great great great grandpa Henry Jackson Brandenburg was born 1827 in Union County Indiana. He married my great great great grandma who was a Lydia Tempelton and she was also born in Union County, IN in 1833. Looking into all that I find out the Tempelton's we're some of the very first settlers in Union County Indiana and in the lawn of the Courthouse of Union county they preserved an old cabin like the one in your picture and it's called the Templeton cabin erected in 1805. I have to wonder if my ancestors may have been familiar with that old cabin in Liberty, Indiana?. https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Templeton_Log_Cabin_in_Liberty.jpg

We pass that when we go to Brookville lake.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We pass that when we go to Brookville lake.
Yeah there's not a lot of info online about it, but Liberty Indiana is where my ancestors seem to settle for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread