What's new

old bench vice

dozer dan

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2008
Messages
907
Reaction score
602
Golden Thread
0
Location
PNW
Primary Interest:
Other
i found this in an old garage and have no idea what it was built for.
with the long jaw length it had to have a special purpose.
any input? maybe for knife making?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5430.webp
    IMG_5430.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_5432.webp
    IMG_5432.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_5433.webp
    IMG_5433.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 317
It is a vice used to sharpen saws. My grandfather used to do that and I have hundreds of 3 corner files that he had used for that purpose. It was a paying job for him on top of his carpentry business
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Lumbercamp. I thunk and thunk and thunk...then read his response. Bingo!
I have a simular one with a wood screw instead of a "C" clamp so it can be screwed into a stump and sharpen chain saws.
 
Upvote 0
lumbercamp said:
It is a vice used to sharpen saws. My grandfather used to do that and I have hundreds of 3 corner files that he had used for that purpose. It was a paying job for him on top of his carpentry business
I agree
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom