Old book

andrewt

Jul 2, 2015
Orange County NY
Detector(s) used
Garret ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girfriends family recently bought a building built in the late 1800s. Not much of a lawn left that hasn't been turned into a parking lot so I explored the attic. Found this book in the far corner under the floor board .... Publish date says 1888

Anyone know anything about things like this ? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480889191.025946.jpg

Upvote 3

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save , looks to be in nice condition ! Maybe there's more goodies under those floor boards .

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack the Ripper was operating in the same year that book was published. Cobble stone streets, beautiful artwork adorning everything, disease and pestilence, it was the wonderful Victorian age :D :icon_thumleft:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Look to see if you can find any other examples of this (or even similar) book. If there are lots, then not worth anything. However, you might get lucky.

Lots of books from the late 1800's are still around, and many in good condition. It WOULD be interesting, however, to see just what kinds of stuff kids were learning in school back then compared to now. I bet it would be eye-opening!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...Now compare it to "modern" textbooks! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread