What's new

walker and rosie day

alb1

Full Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
142
Reaction score
1,004
Golden Thread
0
Location
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The joy of finding a walker was missing today as I could hear the huge scratch I managed to put into it. I'm so ashamed of ruining this coin. I originally thought I had uncovered the edge of an aluminum can. WRONG! It was silver at 9-10 inches. The rosie was my third at a different local school. FTY 43, 44. HH
 

Attachments

  • big scratch.webp
    big scratch.webp
    321.3 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 34
She's beautiful in my eyes. Hey, I'm 63. I have leaks, scratches, blemishes and excess baggage but my wife still finds me attractive!
 
don't be too hard on yourself, i have put major scratches on a 1923-S Peace dollar and a 1936-S Walking Liberty half dollar . Nice finds !
 
Sweet finds, your scratch just gives her character. I gouged a 1922 D Peace Dollar thinking I was digging a can. I still love that find.
 
The only way that a coin is "ruined" is if the new owner just found it to be sold. A trophy is a trophy is a trophy!

You have a nice one! WTG!
 
I feel your pain buddy on scratching that walker, one of many yet on my list to find. Last February I dug the 1915 $5 gold Indian shown on my avatar and put dandy shiny scuffs on both sides of it, knocking many $ off its value.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
 
Scratch or not, that is a awesome find. No worries on that. Tops in my book.
 
Yep! My first Silver dollar was a 1908 Barber that I made into a lovely scarface. Still one of my favorite finds.
 
Congrats on the silver. I have scratched them too. I consider it a "beauty mark".

Very well done sir, congrats.
 
Walkers are really pretty finds, with or without a scratch, it is still a pretty find.
 
Congratulations on the big silver! :occasion14:
 
Ahhhh...I miss those Walker days....I used to find at least 2 every year and havent found one in a couple years.

Great finds!
 
I'd rather scratch a walker then to not find a walker and I've yet to find one, Sweet find any day, Congrats!!
 
Still its a nice find!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom