4.4 KB · Views: 334
  • JWalkers-bottle-bottom.jpg
    JWalkers-bottle-bottom.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 338

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Yo T--
you got yourself a Walkers Vinager Bitters --During prohibition folks drank it as "medicine' but it was about 80% alcohol so I guess it did make you feel better!!lol Nice find-------

Attachments

• bitters_edited.jpg
    bitters_edited.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
T

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
Many thanks for the input. Walkers Vinegar Bitters, interesting. Could you come up with further info on it?
I sent one of the bottles to J Walkers (Jhonny Walkers Whisky in London, they in turn sent it to Scottland, from where they answered that it might be a Vatted Brandy bottle, that they produced a very long time ago.
treasurediver

OP
OP
T

treasurediver

Mar 13, 2005
Many thanks again. I guess that leaves no doubt. I recovered this bottle from the wreckage of a steam ship that I tentatively identified as the "MERCURIUS" that was wrecked in 1870 on a small reef in the South Atlantic ocean. Incidently, on and around that reef there are several dozens of shipwrecks, dating from 1503 to modern days, including an english East Indiaman that went down with 125 chests of silver coins and one chest of gold coins.
Treasurediver

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find!

HH

lonewolfe

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V E R Y N I C E .......O L D H O O C H ..........B O T T L E ........CONGRATS NICE DIGS !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions