Great Find ChugThats brooch is about as ugly as my Grandmothers ring! http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,212592.0.html I dont mean it in a bad way. It shows how style and good taste has changed over the years. It can be dated by the hinge on the backside.trout69 said:Any comments on the brooch would be appreciated.
Breezie said:It's a Victorian 'mourning' brooch denoted by the black stone. The open face roses are so typical of the Victorian era. Neat findBreezie
Chug And Red said:Breezie said:It's a Victorian 'mourning' brooch denoted by the black stone. The open face roses are so typical of the Victorian era. Neat findBreezie
Great ID P.S. Love your New Avatar Pic Breezie

Cool avatar Breezie!!! I'd title it "Some people will go to ANY length to recover good coins."Breezie said:Chug And Red said:Breezie said:It's a Victorian 'mourning' brooch denoted by the black stone. The open face roses are so typical of the Victorian era. Neat findBreezie
Great ID P.S. Love your New Avatar Pic Breezie
LOL Chug & Red . . .thanks . . . a little something I learned from Crocodile Dundee!
You're welcome Trout.